JOB PURPOSE OR MISSION: To improve the quality of life of patients and families by coordinating patient care processes of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation in collaboration with the patient, family, physician, and appropriate support services for the age population served, as defined in the department's scope of service.
PERFORMANCE CRITERIACRITERIA A: Everyday Excellence Values - Employee demonstrates the Everyday Excellence values in the day-to-day performance of their job.
· Demonstrates courtesy and caring to each other, patients and their family, physicians, and the community.
· Takes initiative in living our values and vital signs.
· Takes initiative in identifying customer needs before the customer asks.
· Participates in teamwork willingly and with enthusiasm.
· Demonstrates respect for the dignity and privacy needs of customers through personal action and attention t the environment of care.
· Keeps customers informed, answers customer questions and anticipates information needs of customers.CRITERIA B: Corporate Compliance - Employee demonstrates commitment to the Code of Conduct, Conflict of Interest Guidelines, and the GHS Corporate Compliance Guidelines.
· Practices diligence in fulfilling the regulatory and legal requirements of the position and department.
· Maintains accurate and reliable patient/organizational records.
· Maintains professional relationships with appropriate officials; communicates honesty and completely; behaves in a fair and nondiscriminatory manner in all professional contacts.
CRITERIA C: Personal Achievement - Employee demonstrates initiative in achieving work goals and meeting personal objectives.
· Uses accepted procedures and practices to complete assignments. Uses creative and proactive solutions to achieve objectives even when workload and demands are high.
· Adheres to high moral principles of honesty, loyalty, sincerity, and fairness.
· Upholds the ethical standards of the organization.CRITERIA D: Performance Improvement - Employee actively participates in Performance Improvement activities and incorporates quality improvement standards in his/her job performance.
· Optimizes talents, skills, and abilities in achieving excellence in meeting and exceeding customer expectations.
· Initiates or redesigns to continuously improve work processes.
· Contributes ideas and suggestions to improve approaches to work processes.
· Willingly participates in organization and/or department quality initiatives.CRITERIA E: Cost Management - Employee demonstrates effective cost management practices.
· Effectively manages time and resources
· Makes conscious effort to effectively utilize the resources of the organization — material, human, and financial.
· Consistently looks for and uses resource saving processesCRITERIA F: Patient & Employee Safety - Employee actively participates in and demonstrates effective patient and employee safety practices.
· Employee effectively communicates, demonstrates, coordinates and emphasizes patient and employee safety.
· Employee proactively reports errors, potential errors, injuries or potential injuries.
· Employee demonstrates departmental specific patient and employee safety standards at all times.
· Employee demonstrates the use of proper safety techniques, equipment and devices and follows safety policies, procedures and plans.
· Consistently looks for and uses resource saving processes.
· Monitors emergency seclusion/restraints.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS include, but are not limited to:
1. Coordinates patient assessment through collection of patient's health data.
· Prioritizes data collection based on the patient's immediate condition or needs.
· Performs ongoing and systematic comprehensive physical and psychosocial assessments.
· Involves the patient, significant others and health care providers as appropriate.
· Performs functional, nutritional and other screenings and ensures triggers are complete.
· Identifies and coordinates the need for further assessment by discipline.
· Documents patient care assessments in the medical record.
2. Analyzes patient assessments to determine nursing diagnoses and identifies expected outcomes.
· Determines nursing diagnoses using assessment data.
· Identifies patient outcomes based on the nursing diagnoses.
· Outcomes are prioritized based on the patent's condition and needs.
· Nursing diagnoses and outcomes are documented in the medical record.
· Triage assessment on all patients and follows protocols according to established department guidelines and policies.
· Demonstrates ability to proficiently assess patients in every age group.
3. Coordinates an interdisciplinary plan of care that prescribes interventions to attain expected outcomes.
· Collaborates with appropriate disciplines and integrates various assessments to formulate an individualized plan of care based on patient needs and current nursing practice standards.
· Reviews and updates the plan of care/treatment plans as the patient condition changes.
· Documents the plan of care/treatment plans in the medical record.
4. Implements the interventions identified in the plan of care.
· Collaborates with the interdisciplinary health care team to deliver direct patient care utilizing nursing practice standards, and universal blood and body fluid precautions.
· Uses interventions that are consistent with the patient's plan of care.
· Maintains patient rights.
· Ensures that patients receive the appropriate treatments and medications in a timely manner.
· Delegates patient care to other members of the health care team; ensures the delegated task(s) are within the scope of practice of the assigned individual and maintains oversight and accountability.
· Coordinates direct patient care from appropriate support services.
· Provides individualized patient education to patient and families.
· Collaborates with the interdisciplinary team to plan patient discharge.
· Documents all treatments, medications, patient/family education and ongoing assessments.
5. Evaluates the patient's progress toward attainment of outcomes.
· Performs ongoing and systematic reassessment according to department standard or more frequently based on patient condition.
· Revises nursing diagnoses, outcomes and plan of care based on reassessments.
· Involves the patient, significant others and healthcare team in the evaluation and update of plan of care as appropriate.
· Evaluates the effectiveness of treatments, medications and patient teaching.
6. Responsible for the assessment and care of perinatal patients.
· Demonstrates proficiency in managing care of the newborn according to the standards set forth by American Academy of Pediatrics and department policies.
· Demonstrates proficiency in managing care of the perinatal patient according to the standards set forth by AWHONN, Perinatal Guidelines, and departmental policies.
7. Responsible for performing ongoing fetal/maternal assessments according to department guidelines.
· Demonstrates proficiency in ongoing fetal/maternal assessments.
· Demonstrates proficiency in ongoing maternal/newborn assessments.
· Demonstrates proficiency in ongoing gynecological assessments.
8. Responsible for appropriate interventions involving unit specific protocols for infant security.
· Appropriately intervenes and follows department protocols for infant security.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
1 year nursing experience preferred
Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) within 1 year
SPECIAL SKILL, LICENSE AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
Electronic Fetal Monitoring Course encouraged/preferred
Inpatient Obstetrics Certification encouraged/preferred
High-risk Obstetrics Certification encouraged/preferred
Maintains knowledge of and adherence to all applicable HIPAA regulations appropriate to Job Position including but not limited to: Medical records w/o limitation both paper and electronic, patient demographics, lab and radiology results, patient information related to surgery or appointment schedules, medical records related to quality/data, patient financial information, patients related complaints, information related to patient location, religious beliefs and/or public health records.
Maintains knowledge of and adherence to all applicable safety practices appropriate to Job Position including but not limited to: Incident reporting, handling of wastes, sharps and linen, PPE, exposure control plans, hand washing, environment of care, patient identification, administers/receives/collects meds/blood order or products, validates, transports, monitors or observes patients for procedures including infusion pumps, and monitors clinical alarms.
Apply on company website