JOB PURPOSE OR MISSION: To improve the quality of life of patients and families by coordinating patient care processes of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation in collaboration with the patient, family, physician, and appropriate support services for the age population served, as defined in the department's scope of service.
CRITERIA A: Everyday Excellence Values - Employee demonstrates Everyday Excellence values in the day-to-day performance of their job.
• Demonstrates courtesy and caring to each other, patients and their families, physicians, and the community.
• Takes initiative in living our Everyday Excellence values and vital signs.
• Takes initiative in identifying customer needs before the customer asks.
• Participates in teamwork willingly and with enthusiasm.
• Demonstrates respect for the dignity and privacy needs of customers through personal action and attention to the environment of care.
• Keeps customers informed, answers customer questions and anticipates information needs of customers.
CRITERIA B: Corporate Compliance - Employee demonstrates commitment to the Code of Conduct, Conflict of Interest Guidelines, and the GHS Corporate Compliance Guidelines.
• Practices diligence in fulfilling the regulatory and legal requirements of the position and department.
• Maintains accurate and reliable patient/organizational records.
• Maintains professional relationships with appropriate officials; communicates honesty and completely; behaves in a fair and nondiscriminatory manner in all professional contacts.
CRITERIA C: Personal Achievement - Employee demonstrates initiative in achieving work goals and meeting personal objectives.
• Uses accepted procedures and practices to complete assignments. Uses creative and proactive solutions to achieve objectives even when workload and demands are high.
• Adheres to high moral principles of honesty, loyalty, sincerity, and fairness.
• Upholds the ethical standards of the organization.
CRITERIA D: Performance Improvement - Employee actively participates in Performance Improvement activities and incorporates quality improvement standards in his/her job performance.
• Optimizes talents, skills, and abilities in achieving excellence in meeting and exceeding customer expectations.
• Initiates or redesigns to continuously improve work processes.
• Contributes ideas and suggestions to improve approaches to work processes.
• Willingly participates in organization and/or department quality initiatives.
CRITERIA E: Cost Management - Employee demonstrates effective cost management practices.
• Effectively manages time and resources
• Makes conscious effort to effectively utilize the resources of the organization — material, human, and financial.
• Consistently looks for and uses resource saving processes.
CRITERIA F: Patient & Employee Safety - Employee actively participates in and demonstrates effective patient and employee safety practices.
• Employee effectively communicates, demonstrates, coordinates and emphasizes patient and employee safety.
• Employee proactively reports errors, potential errors, injuries or potential injuries.
• Employee demonstrates departmental specific patient and employee safety standards at all times.
• Employee demonstrates the use of proper safety techniques, equipment and devices and follows safety policies, procedures and plans.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS include, but are not limited to:
1. Coordinates patient assessment through collection of patient's health data.
• Prioritizes data collection based on the patient's immediate condition or needs.
• Performs ongoing and systematic comprehensive physical and psychosocial assessments.
• Involves the patient, significant others and health care providers as appropriate.
• Performs functional, nutritional and other screenings and ensures triggers are complete.
• Identifies and coordinates the need for further assessment by discipline.
• Documents patient care assessments and other relevant data in the medical record.
• Uses appropriate evidence-based assessment techniques and instruments in collecting pertinent data.
• Uses analytical models and problem-solving tools.
• Synthesizes available data, information, and knowledge relevant to the situation to identify patterns and variances.
2. Analyzes patient assessments to determine nursing diagnoses and identifies expected outcomes.
• Determines nursing diagnoses using assessment data.
• Identifies patient outcomes based on the nursing diagnoses.
• Outcomes are prioritized based on the patient's condition and needs.
• Nursing diagnoses and outcomes are documented in the medical record.
• Demonstrates ability to proficiently assess patients in every age group.
3. Coordinates an interdisciplinary plan of care that prescribes interventions to attain expected outcomes.
• Collaborates with appropriate disciplines and integrates various assessments to formulate an individualized plan of care based on patient needs and current nursing practice standards.
• Reviews and updates the plan of care as the patient condition changes, at least daily.
• Documents the plan of care in the medical record.
• Develops plan and establishes priorities in conjunction with patient, family and others, as appropriate.
• Includes strategies within the plan that address each of the identified diagnoses or issues.
• Provides for continuity with the plan.
• Incorporates an implementation plan with timelines.
• Integrates current trends, evidence and research affecting care in the planning process.
• Considers economic impact of the plan.
• Uses standardized language or recognized terminology to document the plan.
4. Implements the interventions identified in the plan of care.
• Collaborates with the interdisciplinary health care team to deliver direct patient care utilizing nursing practice standards, and universal blood and body fluid precautions.
• Uses interventions that are consistent with the patient's plan of care.
• Maintains patient rights.
• Ensures that patients receive appropriate treatments and medications in a safe and timely manner.
• Delegates patient care to other members of the health care team; ensures the delegated task(s) are within the scope of practice of the assigned individual and maintains oversight and accountability.
• Coordinates direct patient care with appropriate support services, both internal and external community.
• Provides individualized patient education to patient and families.
• Collaborates with the interdisciplinary team to modify plan as appropriate and prepare patient for discharge.
• Documents all treatments, medications, patient/family education, plan modifications and ongoing assessments.
5. Evaluates the patient's progress toward attainment of outcomes.
• Performs ongoing and systematic reassessment according to department standard or more frequently based on patient condition.
• Revises nursing diagnoses, outcomes and plan of care based on reassessments.
• Involves the patient, significant others and healthcare team in the evaluation and update of plan of care as appropriate.
• Evaluates the effectiveness of treatments, medications and patient teaching.
6. Responsible for monitoring Remote Telemetry Patients
• Demonstrates proficiency in the application of telemetry monitors on remote telemetry patients.
• Identifies and notifies physician of significant changes in patient's ECG.
7. Performs all other duties assigned
1 year Nursing experience preferred
SPECIAL SKILL, LICENSE AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
Current Louisiana RN licensure
Maintains knowledge of and adherence to all applicable HIPAA regulations appropriate to Job Position including but not limited to: Medical records without limitation both paper and electronic, patient demographics, lab and radiology results, patient information related to surgery or appointment schedules, medical records related to quality data, patient financial information, patient billing 3rd party information, patient related complaints, information related to patient location, religious beliefs and/or public health records.
Maintains knowledge of and adherence to all applicable safety practices appropriate to Job Position including but not limited to: Incident reporting, handling of wastes, sharps and linen, PPE, exposure control plans, hand washing, environment of care, patient identification, administers/receives/collects medications/blood products, validates, transports, monitors or observes patients for procedures including infusion pumps, and monitors clinical alarms.
Apply on company website