Are you looking for an international career in finance and do you have at least 1-year financial experience? If you're up for a challenge in a complex, yet fun, environment, join our EMEA controlling department.
Junior Business Controller
Full time, office based in Barcelona
We're BCD Travel, one of the world's leading corporate travel management companies with offices around the globe. We help our clients travel smart and achieve more. People join our company because we provide a dynamic work environment, where no two days are the same. And our people stay with us because we care about their work-life balance. But don't just take our word for it: we've been voted top place to work and recognized by Investors In People, Flexjobs and Forbes.
In this role you focus on creating and analyzing management reports using revenue and cost analysis. In this role you provide the necessary analysis and data in order to advice managers and executives on relevant economic developments using revenue and cost analysis.
A snapshot of this opportunity
- Contribute in the month-end closing process and in the set-up of various budgets and forecasts from several countries within Europe
- Take part in different international and functional workgroups and projects
- Analyze the productivity of work processes from different departments like account management and operations
- Discuss the outcome of your analyses with the relevant departments and find out the story behind the numbers by asking the right questions
- Working on temporary projects like aligning the financial reporting between countries
- You get the chance to start your own improvement projects when you identify areas where there is room for progress
- Monthly reporting being responsible for some EMEA countries
How you can set yourself apart
- Bachelor or master's degree in Economics, ideally with the main focus on Controlling/Accounting
- Minimum 1-year experience in a financial role
- Excellent communication and social skills
- Strong numeric and analytical skills and capable of analyzing processes
- Good Excel skills
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English (Dutch, French, Spanish or German is a plus)
- Knowledge of SAP Fi/CO especially FI, BI/BW, and BPC, and relevant controlling instruments and methods are a plus
About the Department
At our EMEA controlling department you will set up and analyze a diversity of reports for several countries within Europe. Which means that one day you can be in contact with your colleagues from Germany and the other day you might create a report for your colleagues in Sweden. You will work with several departments within BCD Travel which makes you really understand the structure of our organization. The Business Travel industry is a fast-changing environment where you will constantly need to change your planning in order to be successful in your job. Together with the finance department, we are in charge of month-end-closing processes and establishing the results.
What we offer you
At BCD Travel, we work with highly motivated and passionate people. We value open communication, collaboration, and a flexible work-life balance. We offer unique, often global, experiences that empower you to develop and grow within the organization. Sustainability and helping others is also high on our list. We make a difference through charitable activities in our communities across the globe.
Create your profile and upload your resume/cover letter via our website. Feel free to reach out to us with any questions via email@example.com. Note: send your application via the website only.
Stay informed about new career opportunities at BCD Travel
Use the 'notify me' button in our careers center to be one of the first to hear about interesting opportunities in the future. On the left-hand side of the screen, you can select filters to see updates on all vacancies that match your interest.
*Note: We'll give preference to internal and/or furloughed employees
Apply on company website