Beebe Healthcare – a growing, not-for-profit community health system with a 210-bed hospital and numerous satellite facilities throughout beautiful south coastal Delaware – is starting a brand new Family Medicine residency. We are looking for an experienced, dynamic physician to serve as the inaugural Program Director to develop, design and implement the new community-based 4-4-4 residency. This is a phenomenal opportunity to join the organization and be an integral part of developing the GME enterprise.
About the position:
- Responsible for planning, implementation and direction of the Family Medicine Residency Program in coordination with the Chief Medical Officer, the Designated Institutional Official, and the Office of Graduate Medicine Education.
- Responsible for overall planning and direction of activities associated with the Family Medicine Residency in order to meet ACGME, ABFM, Joint Commission and other regulatory agency requirements for resident physicians and faculty as outlined by the hospital.
- The position will be split between direct patient care and required Program Director administrative responsibilities as outlined by the ACGME.
- AOA or ABMS board certification in Family Medicine.
- Have or be able to obtain medical licensure in the state of Delaware and appropriate medical staff appointment.
- Documented clinical, educational, scholarly activity and administrative experience beyond residency training with at least three (3) years of experience as academic faculty.
- Demonstration of professional behaviors that allow the Program Director to serve as a role model.
- Demonstrate values and behaviors consistent with Beebe Healthcare's values and behavior standards.
About the Southern Delaware Area:
- Safe, family-friendly Southern Delaware
- Exceptional quality of life
- Nationally ranked beaches and boardwalks by Parents Magazine, National Geographic, Travel and Leisure, and American Profiles
- Relaxed community where recreational opportunities include water sports, outdoor life, golf and cycling
- Private, charter and public school options
- Low cost of living: low taxes, no sales tax, third-lowest property taxes in the nation
- Close to Philadelphia, Baltimore, Washington, DC, and NYC
Beebe Healthcare – a growing, not-for-profit community health system with a 210-bed hospital and numerous satellite facilities throughout ...
Apply on company website