Bellevue College announces an opportunity for nursing professionals to instruct Nursing Assistant Certified (NAC) students in the classroom, laboratory, and/or the clinical settings on a part-time basis. Teaching times and dates to be established depending on the program needs.
We maintains a pool of qualified applicants interested in temporary teaching positions on a part-time basis. Positions may become available at any time and are typically filled on a quarterly basis.
ABOUT THE COLLEGE
Bellevue College is a diverse student-centered, comprehensive and innovative college, committed to teaching excellence that advances the life-long educational development of its students while strengthening the economic, social and cultural life of its diverse community. Bellevue College is located just 10 miles east of Seattle where we serve a student population of over 45% students of color and over 1,800 international students. The college promotes student success by providing high-quality, flexible, accessible educational programs and services; advancing pluralism, inclusion and global awareness; and acting as a catalyst and collaborator for a vibrant region.
We strive to create a vibrant and inclusive campus community that supports a diverse student body, faculty and staff. As an essential part of our mission and goals, diversity, equity and pluralism are promoted and fostered in all aspects of college life. By enriching student life through leadership opportunities, personal learning and cultural experiences, we are committed to building an inclusive and diverse campus community that fosters creativity, innovation and student success.
ADJUNCT INSTRUCTOR BASE RATE:
- CATEGORY-A: $33.69 per contact hour
- Courses of a clinical nature and non-instructional assignments such as developmental lab teaching assistants.
- CATEGORY-B: $47.96 per contact hour
- Counseling and Library assignments and courses with little or no formal evaluation of the student.
- CATEGORY-C: $13,665.83 per FTEF
- College credit courses and required high school completion courses
- Teach NAC students in the multiple environments, such as classroom, nursing laboratory( including lab practice), and/or clinical settings as assigned
- Complete assigned student progress evaluations
- Exercise professional judgment in performance of assigned teaching responsibilities
- Maintain a demeanor appropriate to a professional role model
- Adhere to organizational and departmental standards and procedures
- Perform related duties as assigned
- Current Washington state nursing license (LPN or RN)
- Two (2) years of current clinical experience in a long-term care OR acute care setting
- Bachelor's Degree in nursing from an accredited institution
- Five (5) years of current clinical experience in a long-term care OR acute care setting
- Experience as a clinical instructor
If interested please send cover letter and resume to Dr. Suzanne Beltz, Associate Dean of Nursing at firstname.lastname@example.org mail the materials to:
Dr. Suzanne Beltz
Associate Dean of Nursing
3000 Landerholm Circle SE, T-308G
Bellevue, WA 98007
Apply on company website