PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
The purpose of a High Pressure Boiler operator is to be responsible for the operation and maintenance of stationary boilers and mechanical equipment. Such as electric motors, compressors and pumps to provide for utilities such as light, heat, and power for refrigeration, air conditioning, and other services for the hospital complex. Also to perform other tasks as directed by the Manager of Facility Services or his designee.
- Duty 1: Performs plumbing duties as required. (1) Performs troubleshooting to diagnose potential problems and makes necessary repairs to pumps, couplings, seals, valves, piping, steam traps and related equipment. 2) Performs pipefitting such as cutting and threading, solder and brazing, use of manual threading machine and assorted gas torches. 3) Performs installation and layout of various plumbing systems, steam, water, gas and oil. 4) Demonstrates initiative with keeping updated and informed on new systems and equipment.)
- Duty 2: Performs electrical duties as required. 1) Troubleshoots, repairs, maintains and installs electronic, electrical circuits and related equipment. 2) Performs installation and repairs on electrical circuits of 12V to 480V AC/DC. 3) Performs installation and repairs to electrical control circuitry on machinery and mechanical systems. 4) Performs general troubleshooting and repairs on nurse call system. 5) Shares knowledge and changes made to electrical systems with others. 6) Ability to use electrical testing and measuring equipment. 7) Maintains a good understanding of the electrical distribution system and locations of disconnects and shut-offs for areas served. 8) Maintains safety by following Arc Flash guidelines. 9) Understands emergency power distribution and generator monthly load tests.)
- Duty 3: Performs mechanical duties as required. 1) Repairs and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment. 2) Performs troubleshooting and repairs to machinery and mechanical equipment such as bearings, motors, pumps, seals, couplings and related equipment. 3) Ability to install, set-up, calibrate, program controls and process within the building automated system. 4) Performs preventative maintenance on schedule to prevent potential problems. 5) Understands the lay-out and distribution of mechanical systems such as air handlers, medical gases, pneumatic system, chillers, boilers, heating water, cooling water and minor refrigeration.)
- Duty 4: Maintains communication systems as required. 1) Performs troubleshooting, repairs to nurse call systems and related devices, televisions, paging system and fire alarm systems and devices.)
- Duty 5: Assesses and maintains architectural structure of the hospital. 1) Performs repair to doors, door hardware, operators, windows, ceiling, wall and floors. 2) Performs inspections and repairs firewall penetrations and fire door operators as needed. 3) Assist with building construction and existing building renovations as needed.)
- Duty 6: Ensures a safe and comfortable environment for patient, staff and visitors. 1) Demonstrates geographic knowledge and locations of system shut-offs throughout the hospital in the event of an emergency. 2) Changes faulty lights, ballasts, outlets and switches promptly to ensure a safe environment. 3) Performs inspection tours as scheduled with the ability to foresee and notice abnormalities in the operation of mechanical equipment. 4) Participates in hospital and department in-service education and training programs.)
- Duty 7: Accepts and responds to emergencies, codes, fire, and disasters. 1) Responds to all fire alarms as described in the department policy and procedure manual. 2 Responds promptly to assist in the event of an emergency.)
- Duty 8: Performs related accountabilities responsibilities as required or directed. 1) Responds and volunteers when needed. 2) Accepts and assumes other staffs duties in their absence as needed. 3) Shows willingness to accept additional duties. 4) Utilizes available time effectively.
- High pressure boilers operator's license required
- A minimum of five (5) consecutive years of experience as a high pressure boiler operator.
- Holds a State of Ohio High Pressure Operators License. Maintains skill level with appropriate training and uses various methods to ensure continual improvement.
- Adheres to BVH policies and procedures to ensure compliance with all regulatory agencies.
- A valid driver's license is required (if you do not have a valid Ohio driver's license you must obtain one within 30 days of your residency in the state) and you must also meet BVHS's company fleet policy requirements
- Develops processes, purchases parts and supplies needed to ensure continual delivery Plant production BVH Facilities.
- Ability to service / maintain plant equipment but not limited to the following:
- Low pressure boilers.
- High pressure boilers.
- Constant and variable speed pumps.
- Constant and variable speed motors.
- Monitoring building automated systems.
- Water testing or related routine testing.
- Small appliance repair.
- Fuel oil delivery systems.
- Document daily required activities.
- All other related systems as required.
- Achieves two competency evaluations to enhance the development of qualified individuals.
- Ability to perform general maintenance activities throughout the campus.
This position requires a full range of body motion with intermittent walking, lifting, bending, climbing, squatting, kneeling, twisting, sitting and standing. This associate will be required to sit for three or more hours a day. The individual must be able to lift up to 75 lbs. and reach work above the shoulders. This position requires eye-hand coordination. The associate must have corrected vision and hearing in the normal range. The individual must have excellent verbal communication skills to perform daily tasks. This associate must be able to withstand high temperatures.
Apply on company website