PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
Arranges for the efficient and accurate registration of all patients. Obtains required signatures and provides general information regarding hospital policies, registration procedures, benefits, patient rights, and patient financial responsibilities. Responsible for accurate information collection, and providing exemplary customer service.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Data entry and PC experience required
- Medical terminology coursework or knowledge required
- Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status
- Interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area's policies and procedures.
- Registration experience preferred
- College experience preferred
- Duty 1: Ability to Register/Pre Registers patients.
- Duty 2: Using all Insurance verification tools, identifies and confirms active insurance coverage. Uses available reports to address insurance discrepancies and update prior to service.
- Duty 3: Using the Advocate tools screens for financial assistance including HCAP, Charity, and Medicaid when applicable.
- Duty 4: Sends completed applications for assistance to the appropriate patient care area.
- Duty 5: Collects patient email address and assists with Patient Portal Facility enrollment.
- Duty 6: Conducts medical necessity screening for all Medicare patients. Offers ABN and obtains appropriate signatures as required.
- Duty 7: Acts as liaison between the facility and patient/family to resolve problems and/or address complaints.
- Duty 8: Participates in a variety of unit and hospital educational programs to maintain current skills and competency levels. Participates in and fully supports New hire and other department training and shadowing. Provides a positive learning environment and compassionate mentoring.
- Duty 9: Has ability to problem solve and offers assistance as needed to all customer groups. Has a strong focus and commitment to Service Excellence and Patient Satisfaction.
- Duty 10: Performs all duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with and supportive of the mission and value statement of Blanchard Valley Health System.
- Core Competencies and Performance Appraisal Dimension.
This position requires a full range of body motion with intermittent bending, squatting, kneeling, and twisting. This position requires an individual to lift up to 20 pounds occasionally and push patients in wheelchairs (100-350 lbs). The individual must have excellent eye/hand coordination to operate various office machines. This position requires corrected vision and hearing in the normal range.
Apply on company website