PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
The purpose of the role of Social Worker, Behavioral Health Supervisor, is to assist in identifying, addressing, evaluating, and carrying out plan for behavioral health related needs for patients being treated in the Emergency Department, Medical Surgical Units, Intensive Care Units of BVH and Orchard Hall as needed. Supervises the day-to-day activities of Behavioral Health Social Work team in accordance with Joint Commission standards, federal, state, and local guidelines as well as BVHS' established policies and procedures.
Duty 1: Assesses and documents the physical and psychosocial needs of the patient in a timely manner to ensure safe and effective discharge plans.
Duty 2: Participates in interdisciplinary rounds and communicates as needed with associates, physicians, and outside referral services to enhance continuity of care.
Duty 3: Participates in various committees and meetings to contribute information regarding utilization of services and quality of healthcare for the purpose of improving patient care and outcomes, as assigned.
Duty 4: Guarantees the safety of patients by reporting suspicions of abuse and neglect to Protective Services.
Duty 5: Counsels with patients and families as indicated to present behavioral options toward enhancing life skills.
Duty 6: On an ongoing basis, helps to maintain accurate information about provider agencies and community resources to better assist with appropriate linkages of patients and families to these services.
Duty 7: Implements process improvement determined to continually enhance quality of services provided as needed.
Duty 8: Works on a rotation basis to ensure 24 hour coverage for emergent issues which includes weekends, holidays and on-call.
Duty 9: Provides the above duties throughout the Hospital and Emergency Room as necessary.
Duty 10: Meets as needed in individual, family/support system, and/or group sessions to facilitate increased understanding of the patient's treatment needs and coordination of care.
Duty 11: Performs ongoing utilization review of patients admitted to the psychiatric unit to ensure appropriate levels of care and utilization of services are maintained, to avoid penalties, and denials of reimbursement.
Duty 12: Documents accordingly to meet regulatory requirements and billing purposes.
Duty 13: Provides oversight for the Social Workers. Supervise their activities and ensure adequate staffing.
Duty 14: Develops and maintains a good working rapport with inter departmental personnel, other departments within the facility, and outside community health, welfare and social agencies to assure that social service programs are properly maintained to ensure patient-focused care.
Duty 15: Responsible to help develop the Social Services department within the operating and capital budget.
Duty 16: Displays Service Excellence as evidenced by practicing the mission, vision, and values of the organization to promote patient satisfaction.
Duty 17: Assists in review and updates of departmental policies to maintain compliance with regulatory standards.
Duty 18: Serves as a resource person in the day-to-day activities, compiles payroll and completes annual and routine review with staff.
- Current license in the State of Ohio as LISW.
- Individual must demonstrate ability to collaborate with interdisciplinary team, patients, families, and external organizations/agencies in complex problem-solving, and communication and planning.
- Individual must be able to use the computer for documentation in the electronic medical record and demonstrate the ability to document in a timely manner.
- Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status. Must be able to interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area's policies and procedures
- Obtain BLS certification after hire if not already certified.
- Complete all required trainings (example: ASAM, SBIRT, etc.)
- A valid driver's license is required (if you do not have a valid Ohio driver's license you must obtain one within 30 days of your residency in the state). You must also meet BVHS's company fleet policy and insurance company requirements, and any other requirements that may be required to operate a vehicle.
- Healthcare including behavioral health experience preferred.
- 2 years working in Behavioral Health.
- 1-2 years supervisory experience.
This position requires a full range of body motion with intermittent walking, lifting, bending, climbing, squatting, kneeling, twisting, sitting, and standing. The associate must be able to life ten pounds. The individual must have corrected vision and hearing in the normal range to provide efficient patient care. Individual must have excellent verbal skills to communicate with patients, physicians, and co-workers. The associate must have excellent eye-hand coordination to grasp, push, and pull and have fine finger manipulation.
This position is classified “at risk” for possible occupational exposure to blood borne pathogens (HBV, HIV, etc.)
Apply on company website