PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
The Sr. Decision Support Analyst provides consultative and technical services to identify, extract, and integrate financial and clinical data to internal and/or external data sources to support finance and decision support initiatives.
Duty 1: Plans, analyzes, coordinates, and directs activities in EPM Suite including analyzing workflow processes, data collection, report details, and other technical issues.
Duty 2. Develops and documents internal procedures used in EPM Suite and serves as primary support contact for questions/issues
Duty 3. Designs and develops data reporting systems for business operations to uncover/investigate inefficiencies, compliance, quality, and patient safety issues
Duty 4. Uses/develops sophisticated models to analyze and audit financial and clinical data, spot trends and develop forecasts
Duty 5. Supports managers and directors on data gathering and analyzing activities for their process improvement initiatives
Duty 6. Maintains data repository to provide appropriate information to help in strategic planning and decision making
Duty 7. Analyzes business operations and workflows along with functionality in new releases to evaluate the impact to the current workflow processes
- 4 year degree with emphasis in Finance and/or Database Administration or equivalent experience
- Detail oriented and strong communication and presentation skills
- Proficient in Windows based environment including Microsoft Access, Word and PowerPoint
- Excellent Excel skills including pivot tables, vlookups, index/match, advanced formulas, and macros
- Working knowledge of accounting information systems including general ledger, patient accounting and decision support systems
- Working knowledge of hospital and physician practice revenue cycle systems and processes; payor contract terms and payment methods; and knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid, and other third-party payment systems
- Ability to handle highly sensitive and confidential information including an understanding of HIPAA compliance, particularly regarding patient confidentiality/PHI
- A valid driver's license is required (if you do not have a valid Ohio driver's license you must obtain one within 30 days of your residency in the state). You must also meet BVHS's company fleet policy and insurance company requirements, and any other requirements that may be required to operate a vehicle.
- Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required.
- 3-5 years' experience in a data administration or a data support role
- Experience with PeopleSoft ERP modules, Axiom ERP Suite
This position requires a full range of body motion with intermittent walking, lifting, bending, squatting, kneeling, twisting and standing. The associate will be required to walk for up to one hour a day, sit continuously for six hours a day and stand for one hour a day. The individual must be able to lift twenty to fifty pounds and reach work above the shoulders. The individual must have good eye-hand coordination and fine finger dexterity for simple grasping tasks. The individual must have excellent verbal communication skills to perform daily tasks. The associate must have corrected vision and hearing in the normal range. The individual must be able to operate a motor vehicle for business travel and community involvement.
Apply on company website