Title: Director of Culinary
Reports to: Chief Marketing Officer
Salary: $115k-$135k based on experience and education
Responsible for driving the brand forward via culinary innovation. Leads the development of a robust new product pipeline The Director of Culinary will be a thought leader that inspires and pushes new ways of thinking about the menu and the brand. Assistance with relocation costs may be available.
- Pushes the brand forward via food innovation, creativity and thought leadership
- Partnering with the Brand Director, creates and fills a 3-year product pipeline
- Creates excitement around the brand via new tastes
- Keeps the brand on top of relevant trends
- Manages the ideation, development, and implementation of new food products at Boston Market's Test Kitchen.
- Direct and manage R&D projects from concept development through final product roll-out, while adhering to budget, deadline, ingredient, QA and strategic requirements.
- Leads the development of new products and product-related opportunities, from concept to commercialization in collaboration with cross-functional subject matter experts including OPS, Marketing, Finance, Supply Chain / Logistics.
- Identify and articulate food trends that are then manifested through ideation and recipe creation.
- Translate strategic priorities into actionable, measureable and innovative solutions with meaningful results to drive sales, traffic and margin.
- Develop, implement and maintain recipe development process, writing recipes, allergens protocol, culinary technical training and safety to ensure consistency.
- Collaborate with procurement team to ensure that all products meet required quality levels while maintaining an aggressive cost structure.
- Ensure a balanced approach to culinary creativity, understanding guest needs, with operational efficiency with each and every creation.
- Partner with Operations Services to ensure operational materials meet the necessary requirements for operation execution.
- Partner with development to identify new equipment specs that can improve quality, efficiencies and execution within the operation.
- Market research, competitive benchmarking, professional classes and innovation to improve product area knowledge.
- Participate in the analysis of consumer taste panel research data to determine direction for product improvement next steps.
- Works additional hours as needed.
- Regular and punctual attendance.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
Execution Excellence & Reliability
Teamwork & Collaboration
This job operates in a professional office and restaurant environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Some additional hours may be required to meet business needs.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Culinary, relevant field, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 7 years of experience as a food director for a mid-range food company.
- High familiarity with the stage-gate product development process, and success in leading large, cross-functional teams through the process
- Understanding of consumer research and have a good understanding of testing methodologies
- 5 years of experience using Microsoft Office Suite.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Master's degree.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Interacts daily with all members of the Marketing team, VPs and Director of Purchasing, Finance, HR, R&D, Training, Supply Chain and Operations.
Boston Market Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, marital status or veteran status.
Apply on company website