Job Summary: Responsible for monitoring all servers for general operability and availability as well as provides administration and support for the data center software in a hosted, private cloud and co-location environment. Assists with network and telecom administration and provides backup for the senior administrators, and Data Center Operation team member.
• Provide tiers 1, 2, and 3 administration and support on the following applications: Remote Ware, CA Workload Automation (Autosys)
• Responsible for installation, configuration, maintenance on server based monitoring that includes disk space management, upgrade and patch management, system usage tracking, network usage tracking, system performance management and 24x7 on-site monitoring and support.
• Support iOS tablet devices in uses at multiple locations
• Reviews daily security logs for any issues; alerts appropriate teams when needed.
• Resolves problems or escalates them as appropriate.
• Develops permanent resolutions to problems, creates tickets, logs status and resolution.
• Assist with Sentinel One anti-virus and malware tools.
• Provides customer support in a 24x7 environment and handles each interaction with diplomacy and tact.
• Works rotational 24-hour on-call schedule.
• Completes special projects as assigned.
Effective Communication, written and oral
Interpersonal Skills: Ability to gauge the customer's technical ability and communicate with them in appropriate technical or non-technical language in an appropriate, professional manner.
Teamwork & Collaboration
• General office environment.
• Customer (end-user) support in a 24x7 production environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Largely a sedentary role; however, may require standing and walking for up to 20% of the time.
• Ability to sit for long periods of time throughout the day.
• Ability to enter and retrieve data.
• Lifting and/or carrying 5-40 lbs. or more.
Position Type / Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position, and primarily the hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The occasional evenings or weekends may occur. On-call pager is
Required Education and Experience:
• Ability to work rotational 24-hour on-call schedule.
• 6 months – 2 years' supporting servers and operating systems in a Windows and Linux server environment.
• 6 months – 1 year experience directly or indirectly supporting network and telecom hardware and software in a server-based processing environment.
• 6 months – 1 year working in a VMWare environment.
• 6 months to 2 years' experience with remote connectivity configuration and troubleshooting.
• 6 months to 2 years' experience implementing, troubleshooting and supporting active directory and automated tools like PowerShell.
• 6 months to 2 years' experience in and with network protocols systems and devices.
• 6 months or more experience working in an IT organization with change control processes.
• Ability to identify and resolve problems while maintaining a great attitude.
• Familiarity with one or more current PCI/HIPPA/Sarbanes-Oxley Security standards.
Preferred Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related field or equivalent experience.
• Project management experience.
• Appropriate certifications.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Relationships / Contacts:
In this roll you will interact daily with all members and levels within the organization.
Boston Market Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, marital status or veteran status.
Apply on company website