The Program Coordinator plans and implements the activities of the Friends of the Pembroke Center (the Pembroke Center's alumni organization) and the Pembroke Center Advisory Council (the governing body of the Friends of the Pembroke Center). The incumbent organizes and manages the execution of all alumni events and communications; provides operational support for Pembroke Center fundraising, the archives, academic, and special events. The ultimate goal of this position is to engage members of the Brown community and the public with the work of the Pembroke Center.
This is a 10 month part-time position (43 weeks per year; 32 hours a week). Dates to be determined with Manager.
Education and Experience
● Associates degree and at least 3 years of administrative experience, or the equivalent combination of education and work experience.
● Prior experience in non-profit or higher education setting working with donors and volunteers, preferably in development and/or alumni relations, preferred
● Experience with Phenix database preferred.
● Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
● High level of computer literacy.
● Strong analytic, problem-solving, organizational, and time management skills.
● Proficient in Microsoft Office, Google Suite and Zoom.
● Maintain confidentiality and discretion.
● Demonstrated ability to support a community of diverse perspectives and cultures in an inclusive environment.
All offers of employment are contingent upon a criminal background check and education verification satisfactory to Brown University.
In order to maintain 90% or greater universal vaccination rates on campus, all newly hired employees at Brown University must receive the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine before they begin work and must also receive a COVID-19 booster within thirty (30) days of becoming eligible, unless they are approved for a medical or religious exemption. For more information, please visit the Healthy Brown site.
Recruiting Start Date:2022-06-23-07:00
Job Posting Title:Program Coordinator
Department:Pembroke Center For Teaching and Research on Women
Time Type:Part time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:32
Position Classification:Hybrid Eligible
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
In order to maintain 90% or greater universal vaccination rates on campus, all newly hired employees at Brown University must receive the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine before they begin work, unless they are approved for a medical or religious exemption. All employees must also receive a COVID-19 booster within thirty (30) days of becoming eligible. For more information, please visit the Healthy Brown site.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website