Employer: Wingmen V, LLC.
All World Wide Wings Manager Responsibilities:
All managers, regardless of position, share responsibility of and are accountable for following the World Wide Wings Manager Description in conjunction with the following job description specific to this position in the company.
Bar Department Manager Job Purpose:
Bar Department Manager supervises the operation of the restaurant on a shift-by-shift basis, with primary responsibility for the Bar Department. The Bar Department Manager manages all adult beverage matters in the Bar Department including ordering of beer, wine and liquor, inventory control and Responsible Alcohol Service (RAS) compliance. The Bar Department Manager is responsible for the planning, hiring, training, development and motivation of the Bartenders and Bar Servers in the Bar Department. Must maintain a safe environment and improve bottom line profitability through appropriate revenue management.
Bar Department Manager Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Directly responsible for Bar Department staffing, succession planning, recruiting, interviewing, hiring, orientation, training and ongoing development of all Bar Department Team Members and does so to maintain a department team at or above staffing guidelines determined at each Period Business Review.
- Responsible for WCT training in the department and maintaining the department at training store certification.
- Develops direct reports by creating action/development plans when necessary.
- Coordinates with other Department Managers, particularly the Hospitality Department Manager, on hiring decisions to ensure growth opportunities exist for Team Members and are balanced with the needs to hire from outside.
- Creates weekly Bar Department schedules within budgeted labor guidelines, balancing team member needs and business needs.
- Creates, develops and implements incentive programs and contests for Bar Department. Actively motivates Team Members to participate in all company promotions and incentives.
- Responsible for providing regular performance feedback, including timely performance appraisals and development of Bar Department.
- Assists General Manager with coaching other managers on effective performance management procedures, focused in Bar Department.
- Assists General Manager with the on-going performance management and development of all managers
- Utilizes World Wide Wings support teams/subject matter experts when necessary or required.
- Provides coaching and follow up to direct reports to ensure execution of service standards and guest experience.
- Communicates effectively to direct reports by holding departmental meetings on a timely basis to communicate successes, new procedures, and areas of opportunity.
- Ensures Responsible Alcohol Service (RAS) and ServSafe Alcohol program training is followed by both hourly team members and other managers.
- Responsible for ensuring all Bartenders & Bar Servers meet or exceed our standards for hospitality, efficient bar service, recipe adherence (including portion control) and responsible service of alcohol.
- Facilitates and ensures adherence to new bar product/promotion rollouts.
- Communicates with all beer and alcohol vendors and holds them accountable for delivering the highest quality product on a timely basis to our specifications.
- Ensures menu specs (recipes), and Bar systems (alcohol incident log, bar line check, prep lists) are being utilized and adhered to. Communicates areas of opportunity to Bartenders, Bar Servers and management team.
- Understands and analyzes pertinent sections of restaurant performance measurement tools (GEM, QSCs, audits, P&L) and trouble-shoots problems areas. Creates and puts action plans in place to address issues. Follows up specifically with Bartenders & Bar Servers to ensure completion of plans.
- Conducts administrative manager functions as needed (entering invoices, end of day procedures, etc.).
- Ensures monitoring of all bar equipment to ensure all equipment is functioning and producing high quality products
Sales and Profits:
- Ensures Bar cost tools are being effectively utilized by Bartenders, Bar Servers and other Managers.
- Responsible for overall beer, liquor and beverage costs and bar labor results.
- Maintains proper inventory levels on all alcohol products.
- Understands sales and profit goals and troubleshoots problem departments.
- Aggressively manages waste, comps, voids and discounts, with specific responsibility for the Bar Department.
- Creates, develops and implements bar sales building incentive contests.
- Candidates must be highly motivated, self-directed, and results driven with strong organizational skills, attention to detail and professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Possess ability and desire to create a fun, exciting environment for both guests and Team Members alike.
- Skilled with basic mathematical computations.
- Proven track record of successfully managing multiple priorities in a fast paced work environment.
- Maintain confidential information, adhere to and enforce company policies, programs, and compliance issues.
- Qualified candidates bring a minimum of 2 years restaurant or retail management experience, and experience managing a restaurant with a full bar is preferred.
- This role requires the completion of a high school education or equivalent, a valid driver's license to travel between units, a satisfactory background check, and the ability to lift 50 pounds regularly. (See additional physical demands below)
The duties of this position may change from time to time. World Wide Wings reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of World Wide Wings, its managers or franchisor. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive
A. Overall Strength Demands (Check One):
Exerting up to 10lbs. occasionally or negligible weights frequently; sitting most of the time
Exerting up to 20 lbs. occasionally, 10lbs. frequently, or negligible amounts constantly OR requires walking or standing to a significant degree
Exerting 20-50 lbs. occasionally, 10-25 lbs. frequently, or up to 10 lbs. constantly
Exerting 50-100 lbs. occasionally, 25-50 lbs. frequently, or up to 10-20 lbs. constantly
Exerting over 100 lbs. occasionally, 50-100lbs. frequently, or up to 20-50 lbs. constantly
B. Identify the Frequency of each physical demand listed below using the following codes:
2/3 or more of the time
From 1/3 to 2/3 of the time
Up to 1/3 of the time
Less than 1 hour per week
These are descriptions of the way this job is currently physically being performed; it does not address the potential for accommodations if needed.
Requires long periods of standing to review operations
Doing reports, some paperwork, talking to team members and guests
Moving throughout the restaurant
Ability to lift a maximum of 50 lbs. with or without assistance
Ability to carry a maximum of 50 lbs. with or without assistance
Ability to push or pull a maximum of 50 lbs. with or without assistance
Reaching for items in restaurant
Files, storage boxes, small equipment
Computer keyboard, cell phone, calculator, measuring, holding some tools, supplies
Inspecting, setting up restaurant and cleaning
Moving items in restaurant and cleaning
For some inspections and cleaning
Picking up items from floor, inspecting areas and cleaning
Moving, inspecting, setting up restaurant
Possible for inspecting, changing lights, accessing projectors and TVs and cleaning etc.
Standing and reaching/pushing/pulling items
Viewing, inspecting building areas; ensuring work is done appropriately; giving orders, reading maps, monitors and registers.
Receive and interpret information from others-face to face or by phone
Give information and direction to others in discussion.
Anchor materials with foot
C. Machines, Tools, Equipment and Work Aids: (list equipment used in the performance of this job such as PC and peripheral equipment, calculator, office equipment, telephone, copy machine, computer scanner, modem, fax machines, etc.).
Use of all restaurant equipment including but not limited to: headsets, fryers, ovens, microwave, dishwasher, grills and broilers, Bunn hot water dispensers, cash registers, cleaning supplies (mops & brooms), small food prep utensils. Use of some computer and peripheral equipment, register, monitor, calculator, fax machine, copy machine, telephone and credit card machine. Some maintenance includes unclogging toilet, relighting water heater, etc. Office supplies such as notepads, pencils, pens, maps for deliveries etc. Reliable transportation, valid driver's license, acceptable driving record and insurance for positions that require driving: District Manager, General Manager, Department Manager, Assistant Manager, Restaurant Support Manager and Manager in Training.
D. Environmental Factors: (state the climate in which work is performed, i.e., climate-controlled office, outdoors in various times of seasons, retail environment, etc...)
Fast paced work environment. Primarily inside restaurant around food prep and cooking equipment (hot & cold). May need to be outside for inspection of property. Requires frequent immersing of hands in water to wash hands, wash and rinse food and small wares. Some positions require gloves. Delivery, some cleaning/maintenance responsibilities are performed outdoors in the elements like rain, snow, sleet, hail, sun, hot and cold. Ability to work irregular hours, nights, weekends, and holidays. Work with the public. Requires ability to be on-call 24 hours a day and work 50 hours per week.
Apply on company website