Four M Franchising, LLC
JOB TITLE: Server
REPORTS TO: Manager
FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt
OVERVIEW: The Server is responsible for providing excellent guest service by engaging the Guest, describing food/beverage, taking orders, efficiently delivering food and accepting payment. This position is critical to Buffalo Wild Wings; the Server affects the restaurant by delighting Guests, supporting team members, and ensuring alcohol compliance and revenue growth.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Wow ‘Em In
- Greets Guest(s) within 45 seconds; enthusiastic and friendly.
- Inquire about reason for visit and tailors service (e.g., family, business, game day fan).
- Inquire about Guest's timeline if between 11-2 M-F.
- Flags table w/beverage napkin(s).
Quench & Assist
- Offers and describes a specific beverage; features, beer, soft drink.
- Demonstrates knowledge of 2-2-2 approach.
- Cards Guests that order an alcoholic beverage (appear 40 or younger).
- Offers gaming device.
- Informs guests of specials and promotions.
- Makes Genuine Suggestion for specific Sharable/Appetizer – up-sell.
- Makes Genuine Suggestions for sauce/seasoning customization.
- Repeats back order to Guest(s).
- Delivers drinks within two (2) minutes.
- Ensures Guest has necessary supplies; roll ups, boats, napkins, etc.
Deliver it N.O.W.
- Delivers food, confirms the order when placed in front of Guest.
- Places protein/entrée at 6 o'clock position in front of Guest.
- Ensures Guests have full beverages; offers refill or new beverage option.
- Asks if Guest has all they need to begin the meal.
- Leaves Guests with a friendly salutation.
Are We Blazin'?
- Checks back w/ Guest within two (2) minutes or two (2) bites; drops check over lunch M-F 11-2 (lets Guest know who to pay).
- Verifies Guest is totally satisfied with order.
- Offers beverage refills (I/A).
- Makes Genuine Suggestion for a specific dessert.
- Pre-busses bar rail as able.
- Delivers dessert, w/ fresh utensils and napkins.
Wow 'Em Out
- Processes payment immediately; returns any/all cash, change to Guest.
- Explains GEM survey on receipt, if applicable.
- Thanks guests for visiting, invites them back.
- Re-sets tables appropriately within two (2) minutes of Guest departure.
General Service Standards Knowledge
- Can explain the importance of providing the Ultimate Social Experience for Sports Fans at B-Dubs®.
- Can explain the 2-2-2 beer approach.
- Demonstrates the 5-10' rule with all Guests.
- Works station efficiently; combines steps before going to Bar/HOH.
- Engages easily and enthusiastically with Guests in station.
- Demonstrates knowledge for stocking/cleaning tasks throughout shift.
- Works effectively with other Team Members.
- Demonstrates good menu knowledge.
- Demonstrates good bar knowledge.
- Can describe Schedule Change Request process.
- Can explain process for calling off a shift.
- Other duties as assigned or as become evident.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
COMPETENCIES - To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Guest service mentality; has a genuine desire to serve the customer.
- Manages difficult or emotional customer situations.
- Maintains a calm, tactful demeanor when dealing with difficult situations.
- Responds promptly to customer needs.
- Responds to requests for service and assistance.
- Meets commitments.
- Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming.
- Strong verbal communication and listening skills.
- Listens to others without interrupting.
- Keeps emotions under control.
- Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Speaks clearly and listens attentively to supervisors, and team members.
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
- Listens and gets clarification.
- Gives and welcomes feedback.
- Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Puts success of team above own interests.
- Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives.
- Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Presents numerical data effectively.
- Able to read and interpret written information.
- Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences.
- Follows policies and procedures.
- Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
- Supports organization's goals and values.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment.
- Manages competing demands.
- Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Is consistently at work and on time.
- Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Takes responsibility for own actions.
- Keeps commitments
- Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Approaches others in a tactful manner.
- Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
- Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Applies feedback to improve performance.
- Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Meets productivity standards.
- Completes work in timely manner.
- Works quickly.
- Observes safety and security procedures.
- Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines.
- Reports potentially unsafe conditions.
- Uses equipment and materials properly.
Language, Math and Reasoning
- Strong verbal communication and listening skills.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in on and one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, and TRAINING:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- Basic knowledge of beer, wine and spirits and standard drink recipes required. If the employee does not have this knowledge upon hire, he/she must gain this knowledge within two (2) months of hire.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- There are no special requirements for this position.
- There are no special computer skills required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, use hands to handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, climb or balance.
- The employee will rarely sit.
- Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less)
- Color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors)
- Peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point).
- Depth perception (three dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships).
- Ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus).
WORK ENVIRONMENT - The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- This position works in an environment with moderate noise level.
Note: Nothing in this job specification restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Critical features of this job are described under various headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. The above statements are strictly intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as a complete list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees in this position.
Apply on company website