DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Charge Nurse, Post-Surgical & Oncology
Full-Time | Days with rotating weekends
At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as a Charge Nurse? At Cartersville Medical Center, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million to our incredible team members over the course of three years.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Cartersville Medical Center, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
We are seeking a Med Surg Charge Nurse for our facility to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and we are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now!Job Summary: As a Medical Surgical Charge Nurse Your role is responsible for the observation, assessment, nursing diagnosis, planning, intervention, and evaluation of care of all assigned patients in the Med/Surg unit (Post-Surgical, Oncology, Neuro, Vascular, Ortho)
- You will demonstrate knowledge of human growth and development, assessment, range of treatment, and care of patients appropriate to the ages of patients served.
- You will utilize nursing process for individual care to meet needs of patients.
- You will promote and maintain patient safety standards.
- You will document all patient care using Meditech.
Cartersville Medical Center is a 119 bed acute care hospital, Level III Trauma, Chest Pain Center, Certified Primary Stroke Center and Gold Seal Inpatient Diabetes program accredited by the Joint Commission. The Breast Imaging Center of Excellence at The Women's Center provides mammography services that are gold seal accredited by the American College of Radiology. The Hope Center, a regional, Commission on Cancer approved cancer treatment facility, is conveniently located on the hospital campus and provides over 4,000 treatments with over 300 new patients per year from a ten county region.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Be part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications for our Med/Surg Charge Nurse opening. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
- Previous two (2) years of experience preferred with strong leadership skills.
- If charge nurse holds no current PALS certification, can charge on 2N as no pediatric patients are admitted to that unit.
- Charge Nurse can charge on 2C if no pediatric patients are on the unit.
- PALS certification required for 2N charge RNs who float to charge on 2C with pediatric patients on the unit.
- Outstanding customer service abilities and effective listening skills.
- Graduate of accredited School of Nursing with a current GA RN license.
- BLS Certification required within 90 days of hire or promotion.
- ACLS certification required within 6 months of hire or promotion.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website