- At least 16 years of age.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience in long term care
- CPR certification
- First Aid Certification
- If the person holding this position leads the program they must meet qualifications as required by federal regulations §483.15(f)(2) The activities program must be directed by a qualified professional who--
- Is a qualified therapeutic recreation specialist or an activities professional who--
- Is licensed or registered, if applicable, by the State in which practicing; and
- Is eligible for certification as a therapeutic recreation specialist or as an activities professional by a recognized accrediting body on or after October 1, 1990; or
- Has 2 years of experience in a social or recreational program within the last 5 years, 1 of which was full-time in a patient activities program in a health care setting; or
- Is a qualified occupational therapist or occupational therapy assistant; or
- Has completed a training course approved by the State.
Assists in developing the community's wellness programming. Facilitates daily events and programming to meet the needs of the residents. Performs data collection to assist with the residents' assessment processes. Assists in the implementation of the plan of care based on the residents' needs.
Apply on company website