ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This position is one that is in the public eye and program assistants must always reflect a professional manner as well as provide excellent customer service.
Candidates must be able to resolve conflicts with children and parents, possess the ability to be firm but friendly, and must be able to be courteous and professional when dealing with parents, children and other co-workers. Program assistant reports to the Director of the Before and After Care Program and to the school principal.
- Follows proper student sign in and dismissal procedures for Before Care.
- Follows proper student check in and dismissal procedures for After Care.
- Monitors students.
- Observes who enters and leaves child care area.
- Assists students with homework.
- Passes out snacks .
- Plays with students on playground.
- Tutors and assists students with homework.
- Resolves conflicts with children and parents.
**MAY PERFORM OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED**
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Has the ability to be firm but friendly.
- Has the ability to be courteous and professional when dealing with parents, children and other co-workers.
- Frequent reaching and stretching to pass out snacks.
- Frequent bending and flexing of arms and legs to play active games with children.
- Light work: Exerting up to 40 pounds of force occasionally (ice coolers), and/or up to 20 pounds of force as frequently as needed to move objects.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Hourly rate shall be paid consistent with CSUSA salary and benefit policy. Length of the work year and hours of employment shall be those established by Charter Schools USA.
- This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
- Must be fingerprinted/background checked through district prior to start date.
FLSA OVERTIME CATEGORY
Job is non-exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- The worker is subject to moderate noise in the school environment. The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
The Charter Schools USA Human Resources Department retains the sole right and discretion to make changes to this job description. Any employee making changes unauthorized by Human Resources Department will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination.
- High school diploma or higher education credential.
- Previous experience as daycare assistant or summer camp counselor, preferred
- Must like children.
- Commitment to company values.
- Such alternatives to the above requirements as CSUSA may find appropriate and acceptable.
Apply on company website