JOB PURPOSE:Create and implement a flexible program and classroom environment favorable to student learning and personal growth. Develops lesson plans consistent with established guidelines. Establish effective rapport with students, staff members, and parents. Motivate students to develop skills, attitudes and knowledge to provide an effective educational foundation, in accordance with each student's ability. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Instruction/Education Responsibilities
- Plans and implements a program of instruction that adheres to the company's philosophy, goals and objectives as outlined in the adopted courses of study.
- Makes purposeful and appropriate lesson plans which provide for effective teaching strategies and maximizes time on task.
- Presents subject matter to students to maximize learning opportunity and provides real-world, application based examples and learning opportunities.
- Reviews student records in order to develop a foundation of understanding regarding each student's abilities and needs. Maintain accurate and complete student records.
- Strives to maximize the educational achievement of each student.
- Utilizes a variety/range of student learning modalities in each lesson and uses differentiated instruction within those lessons.
- Utilizes diagnostic assessment of student learning on a frequent basis. Maintains accurate and completes student records.
- Assesses student strengths and weaknesses on a frequent basis, provides appropriate activities to address student needs and generates progress reports as required.
- Refers students with suspected learning problems to appropriate support personnel. Assigns lessons, corrects student work product and reviews oral presentations.
- Coordinates class field trips (as required).
- Prepares students for state required achievement assessments.
- Keeps current in subject matter knowledge and learning theory and is willing to share this knowledge for the continual improvement of the school's curriculum.
- Assists in the on-going curriculum revision process, including the revision of written courses of study. Assists in the selection of books, equipment, and other instructional materials.
- Becomes acquainted with supplemental services beneficial to students as an extension of regular classroom activities.
Provide a Classroom Environment Conducive to Learning
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of students.
- Maintains positive rapport with students; demonstrates patience and appropriate nurturing to assist in the growth of the child.
- Ensures classroom is clean, safe and includes student generated work on display as appropriate. Implements all relevant policies governing student conduct.
- Develops reasonable rules of classroom/playground behavior in accordance with CSUSA policy and guidelines, and maintains order in the classroom in a fair and consistent manner.
- Develops lesson plans consistent with established guidelines and goals.
- Plans individual and / group learning activities designed to meet instructional objective and students needs.
- Prepares for classes assigned and shows evidence of preparation upon request of supervisory personnel.
- Participates with other staff members in curriculum planning during designated meetings.
- Incorporates into planning all diagnostic information as required in the student's Individual Education Plan (IEP).
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect supplies, equipment, materials and facilities needed to implement effectively the planned instructional program.
- Strives to establish cooperative relations and makes reasonable effort to communicate with parents/guardians when appropriate.
- Communicates clearly, consistently and positively with parents via all appropriate mediums. Cooperates with members of the administration, other staff and with CSUSA.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding student records. Participates in parent communication activities.
- Participates in extracurricular activities to ensure a positive school culture and provide support for students and staff (as required).
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and commitment toward the position and the mission of the company; support the company's values in the strategic areas of academic excellence, operational performance, superior culture, and financial health and growth, as outlined in the Employee
- Possesses strong time management & organizational skills and the ability to prioritize
- Has the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with teachers, students, parents, the community, and administrative Is sensitive to sensitive to corporate needs, employee goodwill, and the public image, as unique situations present themselves.
- Possesses excellent interpersonal skills and displays such between all stakeholders: being courteous, professional, and
- Possesses excellent communication skills: Oral (including presentations), Written, Interpersonal (active listening), Negotiating and
- Has the ability to be at work consistently, to be on time, to follow instructions, to respond to management direction and to solicit feedback to improve
- Demonstrates proficient experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Student Information System (SIS) and email
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and
- Strives to implement best practices and positive character education
- Bachelor's degree (BA) from an accredited college or university or equivalent. Possession of valid teaching certification (as appropriate).
- Minimum of one (1) to three (3) years successful teaching experience (may include Student Teaching Internship experience).
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Command of grades/subject specific content and theoretical knowledge of learning theory, including motivation, reinforcement, evaluation and feedback techniques.
- Understanding of and commitment to company values.
- Successful results of criminal and employment background check.
- Effective instructional delivery techniques and excellent communication skills. Adherence to the requirements of the Code of Ethics for the Education Profession.
- Such alternatives to the above requirements as CSUSA may find appropriate and acceptable.
- Usual school working conditions.
- May be noisy during high student traffic.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- No physical exertion required.
- Somewhat stressful due to frequent student activity.
- Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force as frequently as needed to move objects.
Apply on company website