DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Come join us at Chippenham Hospital! We are a 466-bed acute care Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) facility located on the Southside of Richmond. We're a short drive from the beautiful, outdoor Stony Point Fashion Park, offering an abundance of shops, restaurants, and even a dine-in movie theater.
The Joint Commission awarded Chippenham Hospital the Gold Seal of Approval and named us a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures for advanced primary stroke, heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, perinatal care, hip and knee replacement and surgical care. We are also a Certified Chest Pain Center and a provisional Level I Trauma Center, which means we provide fast, skilled care in life's most difficult moments.
Do you want take your imaging career to the next level by working at one of the leading hospitals in Richmond, VA? Are you a dynamic Radiology Technologist with at least 2 years of experience who is a natural leader with a passion for giving your best and getting the best out of others? Are you a patient centric professional who embodies HCA's mission to commit to the care and improvement of human life? If you are a proactive, goal oriented team player this Lead Radiology Technologist position is perfect for you.
The duties and responsibilities of the Lead Radiology Technologist Lead include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for technical administration and management of the diagnostic section of the radiology department. This should include the daily assignment of technical staff, management of the patient flow and staffing levels appropriate with patient volume, monitoring accuracy of Kronos input and troubleshooting equipment failures.
- Assists Director and Asst. Director to ensure radiation safety guidelines are enforced throughout the department and ensure that the radiographic equipment is inspected and remains compliant with VDH standards.
- Complies with radiation safety guidelines for patient and self, utilizes protective equipment. Operates radiographic equipment safely and competently. Maintains staff radiation film badges.
- Assists Facility System Administrator, acting as Master Trainer, providing guidance and troubleshooting to technical staff regarding the PACS System. Assist the Diagnostic supervisor with PACS clean up. ie: Ensure that all patient exams are closed and sent from the workstations, merge unspecified images, erase cassettes, etc.
- Renders patient care in a professional and courteous manner. Monitors patient's condition and communicates with the appropriate caregivers as needed.
- Oversee the imaging quality and technical accuracy of your immediate staff. Ensure the verification process is completed in a timely manner and maintain technical quality standards. Print status report to ensure adequate turn around times for reports.
- Demonstrates leadership and support of management initiatives in the performance of patient care and throughput.
- Assists Asst. Director in completing and maintaining personal educational requirements.
- As lead technologist, provide guidance and mentoring to staff technologists and students.
- Maintains strict confidentiality regarding employees and patient information according to HIPAA Policy and Procedure
Shift: Evenings (2:30p - 11p Monday-Friday)
We value you and your future! HCA is proud to offer great leadership, a nurturing environment, many opportunities for growth and development, competitive pay and great full-time/part-time benefits including multiple health insurance plan options, comprehensive dental coverage, tuition reimbursement, student loan repayment and many more programs to cover a wide variety of today's life and family needs. In addition to your salary and health insurance benefits, HCA provides a matching 401k as well as an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP). Members of HCA also receive consumer discounts on cell phones, hotels, rental cars, and many others. Interviews are being set immediately so apply today!
HCA is one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services, HCA is made up of locally managed facilities that include 184 hospitals and 119 freestanding surgery centers located in 21 U.S. states and in the United Kingdom. HCA is ranked number 63 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently recognized for being one of the “Worlds Most Admired Companies” and “World's Most Ethical Companies.”
REQUIRED: Minimum 2 years experience as Diagnostic Radiologic Technologist.
PREFERRED: Multi-years experience as Diagnostic Technologist, with progressive management experience.
Experience with PACS System operations at level of Master Trainer.EDUCATION
REQUIRED: Graduate of AMA School of Radiologic Technology.
Responsible for continuing education credits as mandated by the ARRT for licensure.
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: (Required or Preferred)
American Registry of Radiologic Technology (required)
American Society of Radiologic Technology (preferred)
Virginia Society of Radiologic Technology (preferred)
IV certification (preferred)
Current BLS CPR certification (required)
HCA provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website