Comerica is the largest U.S. commercial bank headquartered in Texas with a focus on relationships and helping people and businesses be successful. With over 170 years of success, Comerica's longevity is a testament to its strong relationship focus, conservative principles, and dedicated workforce -- more than 7,800 colleagues, who serve as Comerica's ambassadors in the community.
At Comerica, our colleagues are essential to our success. We strive to provide you with the opportunity to grow and develop, both personally and professionally, by offering a wide range of programs that are designed to recognize, reward and develop you throughout your career.
Credit Support Specialist
Credit Support Specialists have a foundational impact on the organization with a responsibility to own and manage credit-related data within the bank. Our Credit Support Specialists perform various key departmental functions, including reporting, loan covenant & statement tracking, risk rating, credit reviews and credit file maintenance. They partner with Relationship Managers, Portfolio Managers and credit team members within the Commercial Underwriting Center to support the bank's credit approval process. Team Structure and Development Opportunities
- Reports to the Commercial Credit Support Center Manager; Nine teams make up the Credit Support Center to support a variety of business development divisions/concentrations
- Professional career development through assessments, coaching, team building, and mentoring
- Exposure to senior and executive leadership
- Collaborative and supportive team environment
- Gain in-depth knowledge of lending and non-lending products and services, including Treasury Management, Wealth Management, International Trade Services, Foreign Exchange, and Global Capital Markets.
- Lines of Business: Business Banking, Middle Market, Private Banking, Commercial Real Estate, Large Corporate, Technology Life Sciences, Equity Fund Services, Environmental Services, Mortgage Banker Finance, International, National Dealer Services, Energy
- Maintain statement tracking system, accurately creating spreads of financial statements to identify inconsistencies or inaccuracies.
- Monitor financial covenant tracking system to ensure compliance
- Upon request, prepare the RECAP (Record Evidencing Credit Approval Package) shell with basic attachments.
- Request personal credit reports, background checks, OFAC (Office of Foreign Asset Control) checks and other due diligence as required.
- Prepare various reports accurately and timely, which include but are not limited to: Delinquent Statement Report, Past Due Loans, Covenant Exception Report and/or Input risk rating changes/updates.
- Assist in the preparation of Credit Quality Review (CQR) packages.
Apply on company website