Release Train Engineer
The Release Train Engineer (RTE) is a servant leader and coach for the Agile Release Train (ART). The RTE's major responsibilities are to facilitate the ART events and processes and assist the teams in delivering value. RTEs communicate with stakeholders, escalate impediments, help manage risk, and drive relentless improvement. The RTE has a solid grasp of how to scale Lean and Agile practices and understand the unique opportunities and challenges associated with facilitating and continuously aligning a large development program. Position Responsibilities: Agile Delivery
- Coordinate and facilitate execution of agile delivery through the process of PI planning, iteration planning, iteration reviews, daily scrums, and iteration retrospectives.
- Establishes iteration and PI calendar, Fosters preparation of Vision and Program Backlogs.
- Facilitate the PI planning event and publish Program and Team PI Objectives.
- Maintain PI plan, PI trajectory, and PI burn-down, based on capacity and velocity prediction.
- Manage and coordinate large and complex development projects.
- Facilitate synchronization events (i.e. meetings and processes) and coordinate between multi-functional development teams.
- Escalate and track impediments.
- Helps manage risks and dependencies.
- Works with Product Management, Product Owners and other stakeholders to help ensure strategy and execution alignment.
- Helps ensure the Lean User Experience (UX) innovation cycle.
- Outline business and technical goals that development teams intend to achieve and the relationship to program objectives.
- Coordinate the release schedule.
- Create plans for the implementation and deployment as per the release schedule.
- Schedule the CAB meetings to discuss the release schedules with the team and find roadblocks, if any.
- Maintain documentation related to procedures on build and release, notifications lists, and dependencies.
- Displays servant leader behaviors.
- Coaches scrum masters in lean-agile practices and mindsets.
- Enforce team rules, help resolve impediments, facilitate efficiency, and increase the probability of success in each iteration.
- Create an environment of psychological safety, coach and mentor less experienced engineers and actively support communities of practice.
- Improve the flow of value through value streams by improving and assessing the practices associated with DevOps and Release on Demand in the continuous delivery pipeline.
Apply on company website