Compliance Specialist III, Vice President
This position is responsible for providing guidance and direction and making recommendations with respect to compliance laws and regulations. This includes ongoing guidance as well as leading and managing major implementation processes including Compliance Management System (CMS) Monitoring, Third-Party Risk Management and Compliance Risk Assessment. This position will also assist in detecting, assessing, and responding to emerging risks.
Position Responsibilities: Regulatory Compliance
- Lead and manage implementation of new or revised regulatory requirements in support of the Compliance Management System (CMS) requirements.
- Read and analyze regulations to determine requirements/mandates and impact on Comerica.
- Work collaboratively with the Line of Business, Risk Liaisons and Corporate Compliance to understand current Monitoring, Third Party Risk and Compliance Risk Assessment practices.
- Develop and execute remediation planning to ensure requirements are met by the implementation date.
- Answer questions and assist with the resolution of issues during the implementation phase.
- Actively participate in meetings and provide support and guidance related to CMS elements related to Monitoring, Third Party Risk Management and the Compliance Risk Assessment
- Makes recommendations and collaborates to execute any required changes in support of CMS requirements.
- Performs analysis in managing risks in existing operations resulting from industry lawsuits, settlements, etc. associated with regulatory violations.
- Work collaboratively with Commercial Bank and Private Banking lines of business to understand current practices.
- Collaborate with others for required change to business activities.
- Partner with the Line of Business, Risk Liaisons and Corporate Compliance on key projects related to compliance and regulatory matters.
- Participate in meetings and address questions regarding regulatory requirements.
- Collaborate with Senior Compliance manager on senior management compliance reporting.
- Oversight of periodic self-monitoring/testing to ensure policies and procedures are being followed.
- Consult with Lines of Business and Risk Liaisons on Monitoring plans and Compliance Risk.
- Assessment including developing additional/enhanced controls.
- Partner with Lines of Business, Risk Liaisons and Corporate Compliance to identify specific training needs.
- Review, revise and assist in new role-based training development.
- In partnership with the Line of Business and Corporate Compliance, make recommendations and review of customer facing documents.
Apply on company website