Welcome to Montage Health's application process!
The Advance Practice Provider is responsible for providing direct patient care to assigned patients within an urgent care setting. This is a professional level position working under limited direction yet in coordination with a Lead APP. Typical work scenarios require specialized knowledge, critical thinking, good judgment based upon the principles of biological, physiological, behavioral, and sociological sciences skills, as well as strong customer service skills. Internal contacts include medical staff and management throughout the clinic and health system. External contacts include patients, physicians, outside medical staff, and community resource services.
- Performs and provides treatments for minor acute illness, patient examinations, making initial assessment, initiating treatment and referring to appropriate center of care when applicable.
- Determines abnormal conditions by administering or ordering diagnostic tests, such as x-rays, electrocardiograms, and laboratory studies; interpreting test results.
- Performs therapeutic procedures by administering injections and immunizations; suturing; managing wounds and infections.
- Instructs and counsels patients by describing therapeutic regimens; giving normal growth and development information and promoting wellness and health maintenance.
- Develops and implements patient management plans, records progress notes, and assists in provision of continuity of care. May be required to supervise ancillary staff.
- Prescribes pharmaceuticals, other medications, and treatment regimens as appropriate to assessed medical conditions and refers patients to specialists and to relevant patient care options as appropriate.
- Demonstrates good organizational skills in coordinating services with co-workers and other departments/services. Responds to stressful situations in a calm and rational manner, and cooperates with all to facilitate integration of services.
- Behaves in a professional and empathetic manner to build trust, comfort, understanding, and relationships with patients and the secondary guest(s) and in-line with Studer Principles.
- Feels personal ownership in providing excellent care and patient experience as a team through highly choreographed standard work; never satisfied with reaching measured goals, but strives to continually improve. Empowers their team to identify and participate in process improvement and problem solving in the work to decrease defects/barriers, enhance patient satisfaction and experience, and reduce waste and/or cost.
- Two years experience as an ARNP/PA in a family practice setting, urgent care, or related field required
- Knowledge of urgent care medical specialty required
- Excellent written and verbal communication required
- Exceptional customer service and phone etiquette required
- Ability to maintain effective and organized systems to ensure timely patient flow required
- Ability to project a positive, warm, friendly and healing attitude to the patients of the community is required
- Experience with Epic preferred
- Ability to effectively communicate in Spanish preferred
- Master's degree, Physician Assistant or Master of Science in Nursing required
- PAs are required to have graduated from an accredited Physician Assistant program
- Must be currently licensed in California as a Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner
- Certification from either ANCC or AANP as a Family Nurse Practitioner
- Current DEA Registration required
- DOT certification to be completed within one month of start
- American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS certification required
We are on a mission to bring Modern Urgent care to Monterey County. Our goal is to provide the finest-quality services to advance highly reliable, evidence-based healthcare in Monterey and surrounding counties, resulting in a vibrant, engaged, healthy population and an aligned medical provider community. Our Employees are an important part of this process because their work directly influences our success and the health of our community.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Pay Rate: $82.65
Assigned Work Hours:
12 hour shifts; Weekends and Holidays included.
Pay Range (based on years of applicable experience):0
Apply on company website