Montage Health's application process has changed effective 12/20/2019.
If you submitted an online application prior to 12/20/2019, you will be required to recreate your profile information if you want to apply to any new positions. You will no longer have access to your previously saved profiles and applications. Current employees applying for transfer into a posted position must also create a profile.
- Excellent Pay and Generous Benefits including a Pension and Continuing Education Reimbursement
- Excellent Team Orientated Culture
- Free Gym for Employees
Purpose of Position
The Community Access Support Specialist is responsible for supporting the integrated population health goals of Community Health Innovations (CHI). This position assists physicians, practice staff and patients with accessing the Monterey County Health Information Exchange system, acts as a subject matter and content expert supporting the system, and is responsible for maintenance and accuracy of the system. This position requires the capability to identify workflow and process gaps in order to trouble-shoot, make recommendations and implement change processes, and resolve system issues through in-depth system knowledge. Ability to provide professional and courteous support to patients and providers through phone and electronic communication is essential to the position. A degree of creativity, autonomy and organization is required.
- Provides system support to patients and providers through phone and electronic communications.
- Must be able to organize, prioritize and track system issues and customer concerns.
- Responsible for maintaining the highest level of subject matter expertise and analyzing needs in determining user requirements.
- Will work closely with staff, staff at local hospitals and physician practices to ensure all users are properly trained, using the system effectively and efficiently and have access to the appropriate information.
- Communicates with physician practices and assists with system implementations. This will include data testing and validation which requires a highly detail oriented individual.
- Responsible for analyzing, researching and resolving patient record issues within the health information exchange system.
- Assists Clinically Integrated System Department Director and Manager with various system projects.
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- Accountability and Dependability: Assumes responsibility for independently accomplishing duties in an effective and timely manner while exercising excellent judgment and effective communication. Ability to work well under stress and against deadlines.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making: Identifies, analyzes, organizes, and solves problems and issues in a timely, effective manner; uses data and input from others to make sound, timely decisions even in the face of uncertainty. The System Analyst will be a "change agent" for physicians, their staff and their practices. S/he must be able to push projects and implementations forward in the face of resistance and skepticism.
- Integrity: Consistently honors commitments and takes responsibility for actions and words.
- Software and Computer Skills. Proficient in use of the health information technology software systems. Highly proficient in the use of Word, Excel, Project, Visio and PowerPoint. Familiarity with electronic medical records and conceptual understanding of databases, informatics and "analytics." Highly skilled at using Internet. This position will not have regular access to administrative support staff to prepare documents or analyses, so that s/he must be able to prepare documents, reports, spreadsheets and analyses on his/her own. Must learn and teach effectively with computer-based and/or online training.
- Flexibility: Demonstrates adaptability and openness to alternative solutions and flexibility when interacting with others, understanding their attitudes, needs, interests, and perspectives.
- Organizational Skills. This position requires someone with exceptional and demonstrable organizational skills. The Systems Analyst will be required to manage multiple functions and processes.
- Inclusiveness: The ability to network and partner with all internal and external stakeholders including broad and diverse representation of private/public and traditional/non-traditional community organizations.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education/experience in business administration, medical practice management, informatics, computer science or a similar discipline.
- 2-3 years' minimum of relevant experience in the healthcare or customer service industry.
- Previous customer service and/or help desk support experience preferred.
- Previous electronic health record or other healthcare system technical experience is preferred.
- Professional demeanor with effective, tactful, and persuasive written, verbal, and nonverbal communication skills.
- Previous client and/or patient customer service experience is preferred.
- Strong computer skills in addition to strong capabilities in MS Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, and Visio.
- Ability to balance multi-stakeholder goals and objectives.
- Bilingual preferred but not required.
Benefits Competitive benefit plan
Salary Commensurate with experience
Equal opportunity employer.
Assigned Work Hours:
Apply on company website