Welcome to Montage Health's application process!
The Lead Therapist position is key to the success and progress of the Adult Behavioral Health Partial Hospitalization and Intensive Outpatient Programs. The Lead Therapist is an accountable team member who oversees project activities related to the PHP and IOP programs with a goal of planning, coordination, facilitation and follow up messaging for all program needs.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following as well as other duties and responsibilities that may be assigned.
PROGRAM COORDINATION (50%)
- Oversee day to day clinical operations of the PHP and IOP programs
- Schedule and coordinate meetings with Program Medical Director and Department Management to evaluate program census, program content, process improvement, and quality outcome measures.
- Support the facilitation of patient intakes and manage program census
- Routinely review program curriculum and content with Medical Director
- Provide group curriculum improvement feedback based on outcome evaluation data and identified opportunities to better meet patient care needs.
- Lead implementation of the strategies and monitor progress towards goals by collecting process and outcome evaluation data.
- Develop and maintain relationships with hospital and community programs who refer patients to the program.
PROGRAM SUPPORT (45%)
- Observe and provide clinical feedback of group content
- Routinely review and provide clinical feedback regarding program documentation in the electronic health record.
- Work collaboratively with the electronic health record analyst team to ensure documentation meets regulatory requirements.
- Support electronic health record training process and serve as a program super user
- Lead multi-disciplinary treatment team meetings
- Lead case review meetings to support continuous quality care improvement
- Coordinate and deliver therapist new hire training
- Coordinate student preceptorships and training program opportunities
- Provide clinical supervision hours
- In collaboration with department leadership, provides feedback regarding program policies and procedures
- Lead the team in continual regulatory agency survey preparation
- Assist with billing and coding support as needed to ensure program financial stewardship
DATA COLLECTION AND ANALYSIS (5%)
- Support program data tracking including assisting with data collection, analysis, and visualization
- Utilize data to support evaluation of quality outcomes and program improvement opportunities
- Leadership: Ability to effectively build program and staff capacity, developing a high-performance workforce and the processes that ensure that programs run smoothly and are aligned with the CHOMP Behavioral Health mission, goals and strategies
- Management and delegation of tasks
- Provides constructive feedback to support the Assistant Director in completing the performance measurement process including regularly scheduled 1:1 meetings, and annual reviews
- Creates opportunities and manages results through delegation and empowerment
- Analysis and Research: Ability to effectively gather and analyze data from written and electronic sources
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Exhibits capacity to enforce accountability
- Management of communication processes and systems
- Responsible for conflict resolution and problem solving
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
- Ability to gain consensus, collaboration and build an effective teamwork environment
- Drives innovation and supports a continuous improvement process philosophy
- Ability to build internal and external relationships
- Establishes and builds an environment of trust and credibility
GENERAL JOB PERFORMANCE STANDARDS
- KNOWLEDGE OF WORK - Possesses and utilizes knowledge of the job which is essential to perform the specific functions and related work.
- QUANTITY OF WORK - Accomplishes an appropriate volume of satisfactory work under normal conditions. Ability to produce results.
- QUALITY OF WORK - Consistently demonstrates accuracy, thoroughness, neatness and dependability to produce work within acceptable standards.
- TIMELINESS - Completes assignments on or ahead of schedule.
- ABILITY TO LEARN NEW DUTIES - Interprets, learns and responds to instructions for new situations, procedures or methods.
- JUDGEMENT and COMMON SENSE - Decisions/actions are sound, including safety awareness.
- COOPERATION - Willing to work with others toward common goals.
- COMMUNICATIONS - Demonstrates relevance and clarity of written and oral expression. Effectiveness in exchanging ideas and information.
- INITIATIVE - Ability to originate, develop or create new ideas or take steps to get things done.
- PROBLEM SOLVING - Identifies and evaluates alternate solutions and selection of the most appropriate course of action.
- ATTENDANCE and PUNCTUALITY - Shows daily ability to be at work at scheduled time, including being prepared to work on time after breaks, meal periods and other authorized absences from work.
All team members at Outpatient BHS must demonstrate a commitment to continuous learning, innovation, quality of care and outcomes measurement, professionalism, and working collaboratively with a multidisciplinary team. Must have strong interpersonal and leadership skills, flexibility, cultural humility, curiosity and comfort prioritizing safety and quality of care.
Must have advanced knowledge and experience in mental health assessments, treatment modalities, and interventions for individual and group therapy for patients with a variety of acute and chronic mental health problems. Demonstrated abilities in group dynamics, milieu management, and therapeutic relationships. Experienced with groups, dual diagnosis, and mental health patients. Prior experience in an outpatient mental health setting preferred. Experience in a leadership position with background in program development preferred. Prefer CBT/DBT certification.
Master's degree in Clinical Social Work required.
Licensure in the State of California as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker is required. American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS certification required. Certification in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy or other evidence-based therapy preferred.
LCSW required. American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS certification required.
Equal opportunity employer
Assigned Work Hours:
Monday through Friday
Pay Range (based on years of applicable experience):46.05
Apply on company website