*$1000 Signing Bonus*POSITION SUMMARY
- Under the general supervision of the Laboratory Director, the phlebotomist assumes the responsibility for performing venipuncture, capillary puncture, work place drug screen, and set up routine cultures. They provide support for patient registration, clerical tasks, and related procedures, while abiding by the philosophy, policies, and procedures established by this Medical Center and Laboratory. They are an essential component in the successful achievement of the Cuyuna Regional Medical Center's goals.
- Education and Experience:
- High school graduate or equivalent. Experience as a phlebotomist in a hospital setting preferred.
- Medical assistant or phlebotomy certification preferred.
- Special Skills and Aptitudes:
- Ability to organize and prioritize all work including STAT Laboratory requests.
- Ability to work under stressful (i.e. life and death) situations.
- Ability to adapt resources to needs of the situation.
- Understands basic computer concepts such as data entry and retrieval.
- Effective interpersonal relation skills.
- Effective customer service skills.
- Understands basic anatomy as it pertains to blood collection.
- Perform vascular access procedures to obtain blood in accordance with institutional procedures.
- Collect workplace drug screens following chain of custody protocol.
- Support and promotes CMS Compliance Plan.
- Perform clerical tasks such as computer data entry, fax, copy, phones, and filling.
- Perform light housekeeping duties to keep work area free of biohazardous spills.
- Process samples for reference labs and core lab.
- Execute systems for positive specimen identification and specimen integrity.
- Demonstrate Standards of Excellence when other duties are assigned.
- Demonstrate AIDET model of customer service to interact with patients calmly and pleasantly.
Apply on company website