Be a part of creating innovative digital solutions that will make healthcare more accessible, more integrated and more reliable for people, in stores and virtually via mobile applications or web. The Digital Leadership Program (DLP) offers a two year training opportunity for passionate, driven people who want to join a high energy and growing team to make a difference in customers' lives and who want to be on the ground floor of digital innovation that aims to reinvent what a health care company can be.
The DLP cohort is represented by different functions in Digital (e.g. Agile Transformation Office, Analytics, Customer Success & Operations, Engineering, Product Management, and Strategy). Program Highlights:
• Full time two-year program in which participants are matched to an important role on a CVS Health Enterprise Digital team. Sample roles include: Engineers in Engineering, Product Owners in Product Management, Scrum Masters in the Agile Transformation Office, and Analysts in Analytics, Digital Strategy, and Voice of the Customer.
• Dedicated cohort training, mentoring, and exposure to senior leadership.
• Program participants will be the pipeline for future leadership opportunities across CVS Health Enterprise Digital.
As an Associate Engineer in this program, you will be developing solutions to some of the most challenging digital healthcare problems. This is not just a job in which you will simply debug and run tests; in fact, that only scratches the surface. This role has a tremendous opportunity to leverage technologies to research, design, develop, and test compelling digital health experiences that will help tens of millions of lives.
Some examples of program placement in Engineering include: Software Development, Accessibility, Quality Assurance & Automation, Performance Engineering Production Support & Site Reliability.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities:
• Active member and collaborator within a digital product scrum team, which includes a Scrum Master, Product Owner, Design, Architect, and other Engineers (e.g. Quality Engineers, Developers, Accessibility Engineering, Site Reliability Engineers, etc.).
– Ability to understand the end to end consumer experience, have empathy for consumer pain points, and to be empowered/comfortable to recommend solutions/solve real consumer problems.
– Responsible for end to end engineering user stories, which includes defining user stories, definition of done, acceptance criteria, coding the solution, generating validation tests, collaborating with other engineers, and other documentation.
– Learn and apply best practices in writing quality code, which meets both functional and non-functional requirements (e.g. performance, scalability, accessibility, security, etc.).
– Effectively communicate with all members of the scrum team during day to day activties and Agile ceremonies (e.g. daily standups, working demo's, retrospectives, quarterly PI Planning, regular hackathons, etc.).
– Implement creative solutions to technical problems while receiving consistent feedback and learning opportunities from principal engineers.
– Passion for and stay current with emerging digital health technologies.
• Active member of DLP 2021 cohort which is represented by various functions within Digital e.g. Agile Transformation Office, Analytics, Customer Success & Operations, Engineering, Product Management, and Strategy, etc.).
– Participate in cohort-wide training for professional growth and soft skills (e.g. general leadership, communication, emotional intelligence, etc.)
– Gain industry and hands on digital experience through cohort-wide case study assignments.
– Engage with assigned mentor on regular basis and eventually mentor future cohort members.
– Support the existing program and direction through DLP committees focused on recruitment, onboarding, and professional development (e.g. mentoring, training, networking, etc.)
– Contribute to building a fun and engaging work culture, through local engagement committees.
- 3+ months of internship experience in a related role
• Held prior internship, co-op, or other team based project/program work experience in relevant areas: Retail, Health Care, Software Development, or Digital.
• Demonstrated leadership experience.
• Strong research, analytical, written communication, and oral presentation skills.
• Well organized and able to work under pressure and prioritize among multiple projects with limited supervision.
• Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to develop relationships across diverse teams.
• Adaptability and flexibility for a dynamic work environment.
• Experienced in collaboration tools (e.g. Airtable, Rally, Microsoft Teams, Confluence, Miro, etc.).
• You should currently be pursuing a Bachelors degree
• Have an anticipated graduation date between May 2020 and August 2021
• Have a 3.0 + cumulative GPA
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website