As an Industrial Engineer, you will be supporting our Retail Distribution Center in Lumberton, NJ, you will play a key role in driving improved productivity and operational efficiency. We are looking for candidates who have specialized skills in their field, demonstrated professional maturity as well as the capability to successfully complete complex projects with minimal oversight. You will be challenged with broader, more complex, network and supply chain projects, program auditing, and act as mentor/trainers for junior engineers. We look for someone that consistently exhibits a positive attitude and demeanor as well as serves as a role model of the CVS Values.
Primary Additional responsibilities of an Industrial Engineer:
- Provide engineering support for the establishment of accurate labor standards using time study or equivalent techniques
- Maintaining complete standards and methods documentation, perform all scheduled audits. Adjust standards, procedures, and layouts as needed to reflect changes in business requirements, policy, and procedures to assure continued accuracy.
- Supporting of all performance management initiatives
- Improving work methods by analyzing methods and procedures to ascertain determine the most efficient way to perform all warehouse tasks. (Reducing steps, travel, non-value added time, and waste, deploying best practices, work simplification, staff planning, balancing, and identification/removal of barriers to productivity)
- Optimizing material flow (Travel reduction, process balancing, optimizing storage utilization and put-away logic, and efficient slotting)
- Providing Operations team with necessary support and guidance for improving utilization of our resources (Direct and Indirect Labor, equipment, space, etc.)
- Providing technical support for material handling system improvement (configuration, improved capacity, efficiency)
- Monitoring and Maintaining a deep understanding of variables impacting key performance metrics, contributing input and support to the team in achieving targets
- Providing guidance and support for cost reduction projects both locally and across the network as part of the industrial engineering team
3+ Years of Industrial Engineering experience in a Distribution Center or equivalent.
Bachelor's degree in supply chain or industrial engineering.
Verifiable High School diploma or GED is required.
It's a new day in health care.
Combining CVS Health and Aetna was a transformative moment for our company and our industry, establishing CVS Health as the nation's premier health innovation company. Through our health services, insurance plans and community pharmacists, we're pioneering a bold new approach to total health. As a CVS Health colleague, you'll be at the center of it all.
We offer a diverse work experience that empowers colleagues for career success. In addition to skill and experience, we also seek to attract and retain colleagues whose beliefs and behaviors are in alignment with our core values of collaboration, innovation, caring, integrity and accountability.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Gender/Ethnicity/Disability/Protected Veteran – we highly value and are committed to all forms of diversity in the workplace. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT. We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact our Advice and Counsel Reasonable Accommodations team. Please note that we only accept applications for employment via this site.
If technical issues are preventing you from applying to a position, contact Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352.
Apply on company website