The underwriting consultant for the Heartland Market performs underwriting analysis and risk assessment for new and/or renewal of large groups, will be assigned cases/books of business include multiple product types, funding arrangements and/or rating methodologies. S/He will be negotiating and explaining application of more complex underwriting concepts, rate/fee development and policies playing an intricate part of Aetna's business.
- 3-5 years of experience in underwriting/accounting pricing methodologies and funding arrangements.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize analytical and independent thinking skills.
- Demonstrated success prioritizing work and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience working with standard Microsoft Office products.
- Experience providing clear and concise written and verbal communications.
Bachelors of Science or Equivalent work experience
At Aetna, a CVS Health company, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We are committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, disability or protected veteran status. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website