DEA is looking to add a Construction Inspector to our Construction Engineering Services group. This position will be located in our Bellevue (or Tacoma) office and will provide on-site construction inspection and applicable documentation for transportation projects located in both the Puget Sound Area and occasionally in Eastern Washington. This includes observation of construction work activities for compliance with plans and specifications, preparation of required contract documentation, and following prescribed Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) procedures consistent with WSDOT and Local Agency Guidelines.
- Monitor progress of construction work on roadway, highway, and bridge structure projects
- Inspect, document, and verify project is constructed in conformance with contract plans and specifications.
- Maintain accurate inspector daily records of the work (e.g., personnel, equipment, materials, quantities, site conditions, specialty trades, etc.).
- Identify contract changes and assist in preparation of change orders.
- Communicate effectively with the Contractors, Owners, Construction Manager, Project Documentation Engineer, or other field engineering staff.
- Prepare field note records for construction progress payments.
- Photograph project conditions, field verify construction materials delivered to jobsite, coordinate materials sampling and testing requirements, document as-constructed plan sheets.
- 5 to 10 years of construction inspection experience working on roadway, bridge and highway projects.
- Basic computer skills in Word and Excel.
- Ability to work effectively with client representatives, contractors, the public, as well as peers.
- Excellent skills in working independently.
- The successful candidate must be able to effectively multitask and prioritize and track construction issues through to completion.
- Clean driving records
- WSDOT, SDOT, Sound Transit, local City and/or County construction project experience
- Experience inspecting Federally funded projects
Potential office locations include: Bellevue, WA; Tacoma, WA.
Apply on company website