DEA's Denver, CO office is hiring a Senior Bridge Project Manager to provide a lead managerial and technical role on bridge design, transportation design, and alternative delivery projects. A successful candidate will lead project teams in the preparation of Advance Planning Studies, Structure Type Selection Reports, and final design, plans, specifications, and estimates. Typical bridge projects will include cast-in-place post-tensioned concrete, reinforced concrete, precast concrete, segmental concrete, and steel girder bridges; retaining walls; and sound walls.
In addition, the candidate must have project management experience with medium to large sized conventional (design-bid-build) projects. Alternative delivery (design-build, CM/GC) project experience is preferred. The qualified candidate must have a proven track record of business development and client management to become a trusted advisor to clients they have worked with.
Project Manager Responsibilities:
- Responsible for overall management of a project, including supervision and oversight, plan and report preparation, entitlements and permitting, preparation and monitoring of budgets and schedules, and maintaining positive client and staff relationships.
- Provide technical reviews, develop quality assurance and quality control procedures for projects, demonstrate planning skills, design and construction schedule, and development of cost estimating and project budgets.
- Project Management and design related to:
- Project staffing
- Mentoring staff
- Monitoring project budgets and schedules
- Technical report preparation
- Specification writing
- Preparation of construction cost estimates
Business Development Responsibilities:
- Pursuit champion; manage and coordinate pursuits with the Colorado Market Leader.
- Support the development of tactical action plans for project and/or client pursuits
- Meet regional sales goal and client satisfaction and survey participation results collectively for the Bridge and Structures Practice and/or Transportation Business Unit.
- Identify top desired clients for the year; evaluate and establish with the Colorado Market Leader.
- Candidate shall have the demonstrated ability to develop new and maintain existing client relationships within the markets and regions we currently operate. The ideal candidate will have a client base consisting of municipal/public clients.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering
- 10+ years of bridge engineering experience
- At least 5 years of related project management experience
- Registered Professional Engineer in Colorado
- Experience working on alternative delivery projects preferred
- Demonstrated ability to develop staff, gain support from multiple stakeholders, and deliver superior results
- Knowledge of AASHTO and Colorado DOT bridge design standards
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off/Holiday Pay
- 401k and Employee Stock Owner Ship Program (ESOP)
- Flexible 9/80 (every other Friday off) work schedule
Transportation Jobs with DEA
The increasing complexities of modern transportation include growing demands, aging infrastructure, rising costs, funding challenges, and environmental concerns. Agencies and communities faced with improving their transportation systems must do more with less. From initial investigations through planning, concept development, final design, and construction, DEA responds with solutions that serve today's transportation needs while accommodating tomorrow's growth. Our Transportation Business Unit focuses on five markets; Bridges and Structures, Roads and Highways, Transit and Rail, Smart Mobility and Construction Engineering.
Apply on company website