Primary Care Mental Health Integration (PCMHI)
Tucson, AZ, VAMC
This position does require Supervisory or Leadership Experience
Southern Arizona VA Health Care System (SAVAHCS) professional staff is seeking a full-time supervisory psychiatrist to provide quality service and leadership in our progressive, innovative, and highly interdisciplinary health care system for the Veteran outpatient population at our Tucson main VA campus. The incumbent will serve as the supervisor and psychiatrist for our Primary Care Mental Health Integration (PCMHI) team. In this position the incumbent serves as the direct supervisor of 10 interdisciplinary healthcare professionals, serves as the collaborating physician for 3 MH trained clinical pharmacists, and provides outpatient mental health care for a diverse patient population working as part of a highly skilled interdisciplinary team which is integrated and co-located with Primary Care. Duties will include administrative and clinical supervision of PCMHI staff (evaluations, productivity, time and leave, etc.), assessing and treating Veterans, and providing consultation to colleagues in primary care, as well as other mental health staff co-located in primary care.
This position requires 3-4 weeks of call covering the inpatient psychiatry unit per year. During the week of call, the incumbent will provide telephone back up to the University of Arizona psychiatry residents and will work on the inpatient psychiatry unit on weekends and federal holidays supervising residents and treating patients. Possession of a DEA-X certificate or plan to secure one is required.
Successful applicants will have a strong commitment to Veteran-centered care and teaching. SAVAHCS is the principle teaching affiliate of the University of Arizona Colleges of Medicine, Nursing, and Pharmacy. Medical students, residents, and fellows train at our facility. The selected candidate must be eligible for a faculty appointment with the University of Arizona as duties will include the supervision and education of residents and medical students from the University of Arizona.
Recruitment/Relocation Incentive authorized. Amount to be determined at time of hire.
The SAVAHCS is located in Tucson, Arizona and is the Flagship for the Southern Arizona VA Health Care System (SAVAHCS) - a Joint Commission accredited, referral level 1a/high complexity facility serving more than 170,000 Veterans in southern Arizona, including the rapidly expanding metropolitan Tucson area. This rewarding opportunity awaits you in our state-of-the-art VA facility! SAVAHCS has been improving the health of the men and women in the Tucson Metro area who have so proudly served our nation.
- Competitive salary and annual performance bonus!
- Guaranteed salary increases!
- Full benefits (see below)
- Licensure: 1 Full and unrestricted license from any US State is permissible to work at these facilities
- CME benefits
- Malpractice: free liability protection with tail coverage provided
- No physician employment contracts!
- Performance Pay end of each year.
Whether you're interested in academics, research, or a better work/life balance, you'll find the VA has a lot to offer, including the unmatched satisfaction you'll get from caring for those who have served our country. In addition to competitive pay and liability protection, the VA also offers a robust benefits plan that includes:
Paid Time Off:
- 26 Days paid annual (vacation/personal) leave you can carry over up to 86 days into a new year
- 13 Days paid sick leave per year with unlimited carry over!Unused sick leave can be used to extend creditable service time at retirement!
- 10 Federal holidays with pay
- Possible 5 Days paid Authorized Absence to attend CME
- Health Insurance: VA employees have an outstanding number of health insurance plans from which to choose (premiums are partially paid by VA)
- Dental & Vision: Our insurance options also include exceptional vision and dental plans (premiums are partially paid by VA)
- VA employees have the option to use Flexible Spending Accounts, which allow you to use tax-free dollars to pay for medical, dental, and vision care expenses that are not reimbursed by your health insurance plan
- Term life insurance, family, and additional coverage options are available with the cost shared by the Federal Government.
- Long-term care insurance is available as an option
Federal Retirement Plan:
- VA employees are covered by the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS). FERS is a three-tiered retirement plan composed of 1) Social Security benefits; 2) FERS-FRAE basic benefits (pension); and 3) Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) which is a 401K-type plan
- How is the pension funded? VA employees hired after January 1, 2014 automatically contribute 4.4% of their salary each pay period and the VA contributes 8.3% of the employee's salary each pay period for a total annual contribution percentage equal to 12.7% of the employee's salary
- Like the 401(k) savings plans widely available in the private sector, the TSP allows employees to tax defer a portion of their income each year, subject to the requirements of the Internal Revenue Service. For calendar year 2016, employees under the age of 50 may contribute up to $18,000, while those over age 50 are eligible to make catch-up contributions that allow them to defer up to $24,000
- The Federal Government also provides an automatic basic contribution (1% of salary) and up to 4% of salary in matching contributions, depending on the amount of the employee contribution
- For retired military personnel, these benefits are in addition to full monthly retirement pay or pension
- In addition to FERS, VA provides health care insurance coverage for retired personnel
- Disability Retirement
Employees are vested in a federal pension after only 5 years' service
National Healthcare Recruitment Consultant
National Healthcare Recruitment Service, NHRS, (10A2A7)
Human Resources Operations and Oversight (HROO)
Workforce Management and Consulting (WMC)
Veterans Health Administration (VHA)
Cell/Office Phone: 615-854-1540
Supervisory PsychiatristPrimary Care Mental Health Integration (PCMHI)Tucson, AZ, VAMCThis positi...
Apply on company website