About Discovery Senior Living
Discovery Senior Living ranks prominently among the 9 largest senior housing providers in the US, and is nationally renowned for designing, developing, marketing, and operating a multi-brand portfolio of upscale, luxury senior-living communities.
With a 30-year reputation and almost 14,000 existing homes or homes under development, our company is a recognized industry leader with a penchant for excellence and innovation.
Discovery Senior Living is looking for a Memory Care Director to join our Spring Mill community located in Phoenixville PA.
About the Opportunity
Does working for the leader in the Senior Housing industry sound like the professional challenge you are seeking? Discovery Senior Living offers significant opportunities for growth and career advancement. Employees are encouraged to take responsibility for their own careers. You'll be working with incredible individuals with boundless creativity.
- Plans, organizes, develops and leads the overall operation in the memory care unit in accordance with federal, state and local laws
- Partners with the Activities Director to ensure a variety of appropriate activities are available throughout the day and evening and that Care Managers are actively involved and engaged with activities
- Designs, schedules and facilitates the memory care unit program incorporating Life Skills and a variety of dementia appropriate activities; establishes a cooperative relationship with the local Alzheimer's Association chapter or other Alzheimer's advisory organization
- Ensures monthly family support group meetings are planned and facilitated; supervises C.N.A.s in the memory care unit.
- One (1) year management in dementia care required.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Ability to delegate assignments.
- Competent in organizational and time management skills.
- Must demonstrate good judgment, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to work flexible schedule.
In addition to a rewarding career and competitive salary, Discovery offers a comprehensive benefit package.
Eligible team members are offered a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurances, paid time off and paid holidays. Team members are eligible to participate in our outstanding 401(k) plan with company match our Employee Assistance Program and accident insurance policies.
Apply on company website