At Dollar General, our customer is at the center of everything we do! We are a fast-moving Fortune 200 publicly-traded company with more than 13,000 stores and 14 distribution centers in 44 states, growing by hundreds of stores each year. We work in an energetic atmosphere that embraces innovation and teamwork. At Dollar General, you can see a clear and fast path to career growth and success. We are committed to attracting talented and motivated people who can advance our mission of "Serving Others." Let's Grow Together!
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Counts each pick line and storage location for items displayed in the cycle count work queue.
- Verifies packing, retail price, and description for items being cycle counted.
- Researches and reconciles all findings daily.
- Troubleshoots inventory problems and reports inventory issues that require immediate attention to area supervisor.
- Adjusts existing inventory data when necessary.
- Completes all SBCC counts daily.
- Completes all system scheduled counts, control group counts, and food counts daily.
- Participates in ESS sampling and performs counts with external auditor.
- Programs, troubleshoots problems with, and operates radio frequency units.
- Meets and maintains safety, quality and productivity standards.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Intermediate math skills and analytical skills.
- Computer skills: ability to navigate specific WMS inventory control programs; understanding of Microsoft software such as Excel and Word.
- Knowledge of UPC functionality and food date codes.
- Knowledgeable of packing and shipping units; understanding of receiving process.
- Knowledgeable of adjustment accounting such as net and absolute adjustments.
- Knowledgeable of warehouse operations to include layout and types of storage devices.
- Ability to eliminate distractions and to be able to concentrate and analyze during the counting process.
- Heavy lifting up to 65 pounds.
- Exposure to heights above 10 feet.
- Walking long distances.
- Bending, stooping, squatting, and kneeling on a repetitious basis.
- Cycle Counter: continuous exposure to heat, cold, dust, lighting, and noise; work is conducted in high traffic areas.
- Continuous lifting of merchandise up to 65 pounds on a regular basis, and occasional team lifting of merchandise up to 85lbs
- Continuous walking, including long distances and up and down stairs
- May work at heights up to 30 feet above ground
- Standing, bending, stooping, squatting, kneeling, reaching, and pushing and pulling using hands and/or arms on a repetitive basis above and below the shoulder level
- May work continuously up to 12 hours
- Exposure to dust and noise
- Exposure to extreme heat and cold, including freezers, coolers and refrigerators for long periods of time
WORK EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
- Pallet Jack/MUOP license required.
- Warehouse experience preferred.
- Prior work experience dealing with inventory or numbers preferred.
- Educational background with satisfactory results in math; post high school education preferred.
Dollar General Corporation is an equal opportunity employer
Apply on company website