Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day!® by offering products that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar General operated 16,500 stores in 46 states as of May 1, 2020. In addition to high-quality private brands, Dollar General sells products from America's most-trusted manufacturers such as Clorox, Energizer, Procter & Gamble, Hanes, Coca-Cola, Mars, Unilever, Nestle, Kimberly-Clark, Kellogg's, General Mills, and PepsiCo. Learn more about Dollar General at www.dollargeneral.com.
Manages the majority of issues related to various preventative and/or reactionary maintenance (including but not limited to disciplines such as HVAC, plumbing, electrical work, window repair, building envelope repair, general interior maintenance, lawn maintenance, snow removal, etc.) and nationally contracted repair services (including at least two centralized call centers and various service providers) for all Dollar General stores.
- Partners with and advises field management on complex maintenance decisions with a goal of balancing the need to resolve issues that impact customer and store employee experience while at the same time meeting tough fiscal responsibilities.
- Manages the majority of communication surrounding escalated preventative and reactionary maintenance issues from all levels of DG Management. Provides direction to direct reports and communicates decisions and timelines, often to an audience with high passion to quickly resolve all issues.
- Has direct HR responsibility for managing and reviewing direct reports and developing methods to help improve their productivity and development.
- Acts as a liaison with the Lease Compliance department to ensure we are maximizing the potential of landlord reimbursement for services we perform (to get the store operational in a timely manner) and/or the landlord expeditiously repairing issues themselves.
- Manages all of the assigned facilities maintenance call centers including direct interaction with all levels of management at these companies to ensure our facilities maintenance issues are being resolved in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Periodically reviews various audits of outside vendors conducted by the coordinators to ensure accuracy and relevancy of the auditing methods.
§ Strong multi-tasker with the ability to handle multiple projects at one time
§ Extensive knowledge of various software applications including all Microsoft Office programs
§ Excellent verbal and written communication skills
§ Extensive knowledge of facilities and associated equipment
§ Extensive knowledge of refrigeration and energy management systems
§ Basic understanding of bill processing, auditing and basic accounting (to include budget building)
Work Experience and/or Education
Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Business Administration preferred with a minimum of 5 years experience in either a maintenance management capacity or a retail field management capacity. Extensive experience (7-10+ years) can be substituted for degree. Prior multiple-location management experience preferred.
Apply on company website