Dollar General (NYSE: DG) is a Fortune 200 company with more than 15,400 retail locations in 44 states, 16 distribution centers and 135,000 employees that embody our mission of Serving Others each and every day. We work in an energetic atmosphere that embraces innovation, diversity and teamwork, all while keeping our customers and communities at the center of everything we do! At Dollar General, employees have numerous growth and development career opportunities through award-winning training and being part of one of America's fastest-growing retailers. Apply today and let's grow together!
Performs routine clerical duties associated with recruiting employees for the distribution center. Maintains files and records pertaining to employees.
DUTIES and ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Performs HRIS functions for all hourly employees; may run reports from HRIS.
- Maintains applicant data, records, and acknowledgement; prepares new hire paperwork.
- Coordinates and maintains confidential personnel records.
- Answers general human resource questions and inquiries regarding benefits, compensation, recruiting, and employee relations.
- Processes applications, schedules interviews, assists with background checks and checks references.
- Assists with reference checks, background checks, and random drug testing.
- May log and process department bills and invoices.
- Assists with new employee orientations.
- Maintains accident reports, and workers compensation paperwork, and OSHA Logs
- Maintains job postings.
- May assist with fitness center registration.
- Receives and distributes incoming department mail.
- Maintains office supplies.
- May act as primary backup to Switchboard Operator.
- May order flowers, birthday cakes, etc. for distribution center employees.
- May maintain and distribute staffing report for distribution center.
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- Strong organization, communication, and interpersonal skills; ability to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of company policies, procedures and practices; familiarity with distribution center positions.
- Intermediate computer skills; ability to use Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and payroll systems such as Lawson and KRONOS.
- Detail oriented.
WORKING CONDITIONS and PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Exposure to changing climatic conditions and extreme heat and cold.
- Occasionally required to walk long distances within the distribution center.
- Sitting for long periods of time in an office environment.
- Bending, stooping, squatting, or kneeling on a repetitious basis.
- Fast-paced environment
Dollar General Corporation is an equal opportunity employer
Apply on company website