Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day!® by offering products that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar General operated 16,500 stores in 46 states as of May 1, 2020. In addition to high-quality private brands, Dollar General sells products from America's most-trusted manufacturers such as Clorox, Energizer, Procter & Gamble, Hanes, Coca-Cola, Mars, Unilever, Nestle, Kimberly-Clark, Kellogg's, General Mills, and PepsiCo. Learn more about Dollar General at www.dollargeneral.com.
Manages, mentors and provides direction to team in the filing, processing and remitting of appropriate payments to comply with the rules and regulations as prescribed by each jurisdiction. Responsible for maintaining the license database. Responsible for business licenses as well as beer and wine licenses. Implements process improvements as required.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manages, leads, trains and mentors team members ensuring that a balanced, coordinated work load is carried by all team members. Evaluates performance and makes hiring recommendations. Identifies and implements recommendations for process improvements.
- Manages and reviews all licensing processes. Coordinates and resolves internal and external issues.
- Manages the license database tracking the payment and filing of licenses and property tax payments. Conducts audits and reviews for accuracy. Manages and reviews unclaimed property processes to ensure accurate reporting to individual states.
- Maintains and reviews accruals, budgets and audits.
- Reviews license and property tax payments for accuracy of charges based on historical and/or third party data.
- Researches and resolves escalated issues regarding license and property tax notices.
- Coordinates and advises all internal departments on beer and wine and business license applications and property taxes for new and legacy stores.
- Reviews property tax audits, business license audits, EBT, unclaimed property, and assists with processing electronic funds transfer (EFT) and ACH payments.
- Assists Director of Tax with special projects and requests as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs):
- Ability to lead multiple teams and focus on customer service driven results; ability to manage multiple processes/tasks
- Ability to set and meet deadlines
- Good organizational, planning and prioritizing skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in written form
- Ability to proficiently work with word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications
- Familiarity with or ability to comprehend all statutes, rules and regulations
Work Experience &/or Education:
Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or other business related field required. Four to six years in progressively more responsible finance/accounting positions. Three to five years of management experience or equivalent experience in a fast-paced environment. A degree is not required with extensive experience in related field. Experience in licensing is preferred.
Apply on company website