Dollar General (NYSE: DG) is a Fortune 200 company with more than 15,400 retail locations in 44 states, 16 distribution centers and 135,000 employees that embody our mission of Serving Others each and every day. We work in an energetic atmosphere that embraces innovation, diversity and teamwork, all while keeping our customers and communities at the center of everything we do! At Dollar General, employees have numerous growth and development career opportunities through award-winning training and being part of one of America's fastest-growing retailers. Apply today and let's grow together!
Ensures all machines and equipment are in working order.
DUTIES and ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Troubleshoots and repairs lift trucks, pallet jacks and cat fork trucks: hydraulics; motor and drive unit replacement; tire and wheel replacement load position; basic programming for access 1 modules on rolling stock; change tanks, forks, and peddles; repair/replace cylinders.
- Troubleshoots and repairs conveyor system: repair electrical and mechanical components; may troubleshoot Graphical Monitoring System (GMS); troubleshoots and repairs sortview controller, programmable logic controllers or RTS (pick-to-light system); fabricates machine parts unavailable for purchase.
- Performs preventative maintenance.
- Operates equipment battery change equipment.
- Performs routine maintenance on building such as minor plumbing and electrical repairs (i.e., change light bulbs).
- Repairs racking.
- May operate scrubber/sweeper machine.
- Meets and maintains safety, quality and productivity standards.
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- AbilitY to operate: band saws, drill presses, hand tools, vises, clamps, gear pullers, bearing pullers, lathes, volt amp meters, calipers and rolling stock equipment.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and schematics.
- Good math and computer skills.
- Competency to operate computers for sortview, RTC, HSM, VFD, and RTS systems.
- Basic communication skills.
WORK EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
- Fluency in Electricity 1 (Basic) and Electricity IV – motor controls and AC / DC Electrical Controls.
WORKING CONDITIONS and PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Conducts some repairs in odd positions and/or confined or close spaces.
- Work is performed under changing climatic conditions and extreme heat and cold.
- Walking long distances; sitting or standing for long periods of time.
- Bending, stooping, squatting, or kneeling on a repetitious basis.
- Fast-paced environment.
- Exposure to noise and heights.
- Fast-paced environment.
- Continuous lifting of merchandise up to 65 pounds on a regular basis, and occasional team lifting of merchandise up to 85lbs
- Continuous walking, including long distances and up and down stairs
- May work at heights up to 30 feet above ground
- Standing, bending, stooping, squatting, kneeling, reaching, and pushing and pulling using hands and/or arms on a repetitive basis above and below the shoulder level
- May work continuously up to 12 hours
- Exposure to dust and noise
- Exposure to extreme heat and cold, including freezers, coolers and refrigerators for long periods of time
Dollar General Corporation is an equal opportunity employer
Apply on company website