Dollar General (NYSE: DG) is a Fortune 200 company with more than 15,400 retail locations in 44 states, 16 distribution centers and 135,000 employees that embody our mission of Serving Others each and every day. We work in an energetic atmosphere that embraces innovation, diversity and teamwork, all while keeping our customers and communities at the center of everything we do! At Dollar General, employees have numerous growth and development career opportunities through award-winning training and being part of one of America's fastest-growing retailers. Apply today and let's grow together!
Contributes to the growth and profitability of the company by giving support to distribution centers, field and merchandising team. Much time and effort is given to the flow of merchandise from vendors through the distribution process to store level to achieve customer satisfaction. Supports by providing spreadsheets and line review preparation. Interacts directly with vendors and field with communication and problem solving.
DUTIES and ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Enter all non-core merchandise orders into Island Pacific System. Revise purchase order when changes occur.
- Follow up on non-core merchandise. This consists of tracking merchandise from vendor to D.C. to store. Attend to all facets of flow of product in a manually intensive system.
- Maintain all department reports, spreadsheets, and analysis.
- Problem resolution contact for distribution centers and stores.
- Communication with vendors regarding production information.
- Maintain and organize product samples received for customer representative to review.
- Set product for department plan-o-gram and edit the labels sent to the stores for ordering process. Submit samples for photography used in flyers. Set additional product for suggested displays used in planners that are sent to the stores.
- Review samples for artwork approval, packaging, and product specification. Process final sample approval procedure specific to each department.
- Responsible for the set-up and maintenance of SKU, UPC, and vendor information.
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- Ability to handle a number of projects under a tight timeline while maintaining a calm, positive environment
- Ability to be a team player and be customer service driven
- Effective oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly when communicating with all levels of staff, management and vendors. Demonstrate professional courteous and respectful attitude when interacting with callers, vendors and co-workers.
- Highly motivated, dependable with the flexibility to work on multiple tasks simultaneously in a busy environment.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills to balance priorities and meets deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Ability to handle confidential issues
- Ability to interact in a global environment
- Spreadsheet, word processing, and presentation application skills
WORK EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
- Education and Experience: High school diploma required, college degree desirable.
Apply on company website