Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day!® by offering products that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar General operated 16,500 stores in 46 states as of May 1, 2020. In addition to high-quality private brands, Dollar General sells products from America's most-trusted manufacturers such as Clorox, Energizer, Procter & Gamble, Hanes, Coca-Cola, Mars, Unilever, Nestle, Kimberly-Clark, Kellogg's, General Mills, and PepsiCo. Learn more about Dollar General at www.dollargeneral.com.
Assists with creation of product-level merchandising plans using the JDA Enterprise Planning Suite. Sales and Inventory analysis at the store/class level in order to maximize the return on inventory investment.
- Perform ad hoc reporting and analysis for sales, margin, receipt and inventory opportunities and risks at the Store/ Department or Class level
- Assist Merchandise Planning Managers with the creation of Key Item Sales and Inventory plans, including Seasonal merchandise
- Perform weekly Same Store Sales analysis at the Department or Class level to help identify sales trends
- Assist Merchandise Planning Managers with the creation of Class and product attribute plans and forecasts.
- Strong analytical skills, advanced Excel capabilities, well organized, effective communication skills (both verbal and written), flexible, team player, customer driven.
- Knowledge of basic merchandising and marketing principles.
- Knowledge of analytical and planning principles for a retail business; knowledge of merchandise planning process a plus.
- Knowledge of analytical and planning systems and tools such as JDA Enterprise Planning Suite, 1010data, or WebFocus.
Bachelor's degree preferably in business, retail, or marketing plus 2 to 3 year of administrative or analytical experience in a marketing or merchandising department in a large retail corporation.
Apply on company website