Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day!® by offering products that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar General operated 16,500 stores in 46 states as of May 1, 2020. In addition to high-quality private brands, Dollar General sells products from America's most-trusted manufacturers such as Clorox, Energizer, Procter & Gamble, Hanes, Coca-Cola, Mars, Unilever, Nestle, Kimberly-Clark, Kellogg's, General Mills, and PepsiCo. Learn more about Dollar General at www.dollargeneral.com.
Senior Analyst for analysis related to the DG Fleet network. Accountable for fleet financial analysis, budgeting, fleet capital, route development, maintenance cost analysis, fuel analysis, and implementation of transportation systems and related processes associated with DG Fleet. Sr. Analyst will be working with Transportation, Distribution, and IT to ensure operations and financial analysis are accurate and on time. Analytics including variance studies, fleet trend analysis, and audit activities. Produces analytical reporting for transportation metrics and obtains quantified explanations for variances exceeding established parameters. Uses this analysis as a basis upon which to offer improvement and cost-containment recommendations to senior leadership within the transportation department. Compiles data and develops analysis related to expense control, and productivity initiatives. Provides in-depth analysis of, and leads the budgeting and forecasting process for DG Fleet.
Duties & Responsibilities:
DG Fleet Transportation Operations Analysis
- Performs route analysis, driver wages analysis, driver productivity, and equipment analysis
- Leads the fleet route design
- Conducts and presents to senior management DG Fleet analytic studies and modeling around DG Fleet expansion, driver pay increases, and expense reductions.
Transportation Systems Management
- Manages the development, maintenance, and implementation of DG Fleet transportation systems and related system operating processes. Systems include:
- JDA Transport
- Safety Direct
- JJ Keller CIC Portal
- Responsible for system testing to ensure optimal solutions capability for DG Fleet
- Designs scorecards to monitor key business operational performance
- Produce, maintain and publish all fleet financial reports. Creates and supports new site financial reports, ad hoc reports and analysis.
- Communicates financial performance and key drivers to the team.
- Determine, analyze, and submit all fleet transportation financial accruals. Validate all expenses are applicable to fleet and prepare journal entries to correct any errors to cost centers/account numbers or to allocate expenses appropriately.
- Supervises the processing, coding, and submission of manual invoices for payment ensuring compliance with approval guidelines and control standards.
- Proactively and independently resolves and communicates explanations on expense variance versus budget/forecast, providing insight to department's performance metrics and assisting in managing expenses.
- Monitors and projects fuel expenses for the fleet. Maintains fuel calculator with historical data and fuel surcharge schedules to accurate project fuel expenses.
- Leads, prepares, and coordinates the fiscal year budgeting process for fleet Manage capital budgets by establishing timelines and setting appropriate meetings with the expectation of meeting company objectives.
- Distributes budgeting procedures, forms, training materials (performing training when necessary) and communicates plan.
- Updates and maintains history in all applicable files to facilitate trending in planning process. Establishes and maintains control over master budget model for accuracy and consistency.
- Analyzes to ensure plan is realistic and exhibits expense controls.
- Facilitates all forecasting obligations through network applications and comparative analysis to meet departmental requirements.
- Collaborates with Directors and Managers to accurately forecast department expenses based on trending historical data or projecting future trends to key indicators to business.
- Perform “what if” analysis to determine most accurate method of projecting expenses.
- Performs monthly post audit on fleet invoices to ensure compliance with finance regulations.
Investigate and implement process improvement opportunities for all financial processes to provide measurable and incremental upgrades to the standard.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs):
- Extensive knowledge of Transportation Finance and Transportation Dispatch Systems
- Ability to perform as both leader and supporter on project teams, being a team player and strong customer service focus
- Strong ability to effectively communicate with both internal and external partners
- Extensive knowledge of Excel spreadsheets and Access databases including ability to design templates, queries, tables, forms, and reports as well as industry standard mapping software
- Strong ability to analyze and decipher significant amounts of data to develop insights and conclusions for the business
- Basic knowledge of general financial and accounting principles
- Strong knowledge of domestic transportation
- Strong business knowledge of fleet operations
- Apply project management methodology: problem identification, scope definition, action plan and analysis.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of accounting, finance, and accrual principles.
- Strong financial analytical and budgetary skills.
- Strong ability to effectively communicate with both internal and external partners.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Access.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage multiple projects.
- Ability to be a team player and customer-service driven.
- Base knowledge of transportation modes and the associated costing models.
Work Experience &/or Education:
Bachelor's degree in Business or Logistics preferred with a minimum of 3 years relevant work experience required or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Apply on company website