Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day.® by offering products that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar General operates more than 18,000 stores in 47 states, and we're still growing. Learn more about Dollar General at www.dollargeneral.com.
This role oversees all aspects of the distribution center. Identifies, collects, organizes, and analyzes information to resolve operational and overall employee performance. Develops measurement systems that identify areas for improvement. Leads management team in developing action plans for operational improvement. Assists in creating a strong work team and helps resolve employee relations issues.
• Develops and implements short-range and long-range plans that achieve expected and measurable results.
• Conducts analyses relating to sales, volume, payroll, employee turnover, capital expenses, and other operational issues; effectively communicates to and facilitates decisions from management team.
• Evaluates material handling system, methods and procedures; recommends improvements to achieve future capacity and growth requirements.
• Mentors management team on operational and performance gaps; promotes forward-looking decisions that require change to operational or employee processes, functions, or organizational structure.
• Partners with Human Resources to determine appropriate methods to solve employee relations issues; demonstrates effective use of Dollar General Policies and procedures.
• Demonstrates and inspires improved individual performance that leads to team-focused results.
• Reviews budget on a monthly basis to determine shift adherence; assists in development of budget for shift functions Reviews budget on a monthly basis to determine shift adherence; assists in development of budget for shift functions. Maintains high level of moral through effective communication and interaction within the distribution center.
• Maintains safety and accident prevention programs to ensure a safe work environment.
- Strong analytical and math skills; strong attention to detail.
- Knowledge of specific individual operations within the distribution center.
- The ability to properly plan and forecasting skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively in order to write operational and overall performance reports as well as coordination with corporate offices and retail stores.
- Understanding of human resource practices and OSHA and regulations.
- Ability to effectively monitor and develop team members to ensure smooth operation of the distribution center.
- Proficiency in Excel and Word; experienced with general software applications; familiarity with Warehouse Management System functionality.
- Advanced ability to communicate with employees at all levels (both verbal and written communications skills)
- Proven conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to develop and manage employee development processes.
Work Experience &/or Education
- Ten or more years' experience progressive experience in high-speed distribution or related logistics experience.
- Prior responsibility with P&L.
- College degree preferred with an emphasis in human behavior.
Apply on company website