Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day!® by offering products that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar General operated 16,720 stores in 46 states as of July 31, 2020. In addition to high-quality private brands, Dollar General sells products from America's most-trusted manufacturers such as Clorox, Energizer, Procter & Gamble, Hanes, Coca-Cola, Mars, Unilever, Nestle, Kimberly-Clark, Kellogg's, General Mills, and PepsiCo. Learn more about Dollar General at www.dollargeneral.com.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manages New, Relocation, and Expansion BTS construction effort by providing project and technical leadership through pre-construction planning; regular on-site inspection to verify scope and quality compliance; technical issue problem-solving; project cost oversight; and overall schedule management for store opening forecast projections (35 projects annually at 1.0 Construction Unit Equivalent "CUE" per project).
- Leads the turnkey construction management of New, Relocation, and Expansion Conventional/Tenant Build-Out projects to include preliminary site visits; initial design; project scope of work; construction budgeting; contractor selection; pre-construction planning and permitting; on-site construction inspection; and overall schedule management (15 projects annually at 1.5 CUE per project)
- Prepares and/or tracks all required construction and project administration documents and tasks to include SLM updates, site visit reports, contractor weekly project schedule reports, punch list report, and change order/cost management tracking and reporting. Accountable for all documentation, follow up and close out.
- Plays critical leadership, coordinator, and communication role with all stakeholders involved on projects to include Operations, Developers/GCs, Architects/Engineers, Code officials, Landlords and DG functional partners. Leverages continuous communication to choreograph project execution and resolve site specific issues.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Detailed knowledge of construction industry, terminology, codes, and design disciplines, as well as the strong ability to read, understand, and apply construction standards and plan sets
- Willingness to travel extensively upwards of 75-80% within assigned territory
- Ability to function well in a fast-paced environment with a high sense of urgency and minimal supervision Proficient in organization, time, and project management with ability to manage multiple priorities, complete all required documentation/paperwork, and provide timely and accurate project status reporting while traveling
- Strong interpersonal/team skills and ability to effectively communicate, coordinate, and work with a diverse set of project stakeholders and provide excellent customer service
- Ability to arrive at sound decisions in a timely manner while remaining knowledgeable of how decisions impact other project stakeholders
- Knowledge of SLM (Store Lifecycle Management) or equivalent project management tools
Work Experience and/or Education:
Degree or certification in Construction Management, Administration, Engineering, or related field. Minimum of 3-5 years of construction project management experience is required. Retail leasehold improvement experience is a plus. Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office software is required and knowledge of AutoCAD is a plus.
Apply on company website