Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day.® by offering products that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar General operates more than 18,000 stores in 47 states, and we're still growing. Learn more about Dollar General at www.dollargeneral.com.
Technical Program Manager (Digital & Marketing Program) will be expected to keep abreast of emerging technology trends and applications in the marketing industry inclusive of advertising, campaign management, and media technologies to determine recommendations for Dollar General's Media Network (DGMN). The position will plan, govern, and measure IT success using flexibility, transparency, and value conversations to shape the business demand and optimize and transform the Digital and Marketing Program of work. This role will be instrumental in the support of the CIO including, but not limited to, program management, coordination, communication, and oversight. Management of multiple projects and problems with all levels of complexity will be required. This role will further be required to partner with external vendors, contractors, and offshore teams.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Portfolio Management
- Gain insight across and provide varying views and analysis into IT project/initiatives portfolio (health checks, scorecards, at-a-glance, retrospectives)
- Support project change management by providing basic tools, templates, and structures intended to keep any change effort monitored and transparent
- Champion change leadership to become a driving force and visionary, creating processes that fuel large-scale transformation associated with putting an engine on the whole change process, and making it go faster, smarter, and more efficiently
- Develop and produce roadmaps for the portfolios across IT and the consolidation of overlapping teams and projects/initiatives
- Define goals, stage gates, critical delivery paths, and key deliverables for large-scale programs that incorporate multiple programs with dependencies across multiple areas of work, timelines, and resource constraints.
- Secures commitments for program scopes, delivery dates, and resources and manages cross-functional dependencies across multiple areas of work.
- Technical Expertise
- Create End to End delivery plan based on impacts and interdependencies between applications, infrastructure and security to ensure quality outcomes of the new initiatives
- Understand dependencies between capabilities, software systems, services across functional domains and participate in design discussions.
- Ensure dependencies with system contracts are robust to avoid any post-production implementation issues
- Coordinate the defect triage process at cross functional teams during development and post development phase
- Ensure effective deployment and rollback plans are in place for every release
- Ensure monitoring and alerting are setup and operational frameworks are implemented
- Govern & Measure
- Ensures appropriate compliance & governance controls are in place for policy and protection of any sensitive data
- Facilitates change management, and governance processes, champions organizational change, and enforces compliance to changes throughout the enterprise
- Coordinates across the global IT organization to support the implementation of portfolio/program and ensures that the delivery aligns with expectations and drives objective decision making
- Proactively communicate progress and risks and engages with core teams to resolve issues while updating broader teams and stakeholders on progress.
- Escalate issues to relevant stakeholders to unblock teams.
- Develops and disseminates key program-related communications
- Guarantee IT maintains business partnership and service-oriented view, ensuring IT and business strategies alignment
- Tracking, analyzing, benchmarking, and consolidating reports for key performance indicators
- Proactively implement processes and tactics to accelerate timelines.
- Simplifies concurrent deliverables and seamlessly manages queuing for engineering teams spanning development cycles and testing progress for multiple teams across a program
- Independently identify key risks, determines severity, creates mitigation plan, determines likelihoods, and manages issues to unblock a program with little guidance.
- Ensures the effective use of program budgets by ensuring teams work together on the highest value efforts and are unblocked in completing those efforts
- Consolidate project/initiatives and portfolio performance metrics from across the organization into varying views
- Develop and produce executive enterprise and IT leadership level strategic reporting and presentation materials
- Develop, produce, and coordinate written materials and presentations for executive and board-level reporting
- Team Development
- Talent Management - Leads, mentors, and develops the team in the concepts, practices, and tools relating to Portfolio Management, Scrum Center of Excellence, Governance, Reporting & Metrics, and Financials
- IT coordination & representation for companywide committees, action teams, professional networks, and resource groups and programs.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Solid understanding of marketing technologies such as campaign management, audience generation, content management decisions/orchestration, site optimization, analytics, and customer communications
- Provided full lifecycle cost estimates, domain-specific support services
- Program, Project, and Product Management
- Cross-Functional Team Management and Collaboration
- Solutions Delivery
- SDLC, Waterfall, Agile, Scrum, SaFE
- Demonstrate leadership skills with the ability to manage through consulting, advising, and influencing all levels of the organization
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively listen and communicate efficiently both verbally and in written form
- Ability to organize, prioritize, delegate, and follow up, with emphasis on adherence to deadlines
- Ability to proactively identify risks, issues, and action items, and facilitate identification and implementation of alternate solutions
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Creative ability to access information from different sources and compile it for analyses and presentations
- Detail oriented – must be able to detect errors, identify trends and make recommendations for improvements
- Ability to thoroughly understand how decisions impact other areas of the enterprise (Big Picture Perspective)
- Extensive knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite and database applications skills
Work Experience &/oe Education:
- Degree in the field of Computer Science, Information Technology or Engineering required along with Business Administration preferred.
- 5 years minimum experience in technical program management or engineering program management
- Retail experience required.
Apply on company website