Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day.® by offering products that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar General operated 17,266 stores in 46 states as of February 26, 2021. Learn more about Dollar General at www.dollargeneral.com.
Act as the point of contact for customers. Assist in setting and maintaining plan-o-grams and programs. Stock merchandise adequately. Perform other duties as necessary to maximize profitability, customer satisfaction, and teamwork, while protecting company assets.
DUTIES and ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Unload trucks.
- Follow company work processes to receive, open and unpack cartons and totes; store merchandise in stock room or move directly to sales floor.
- Build merchandise displays.
- Stock merchandise; rotate and face merchandise on shelves.
- Restock recovered merchandise.
- Assist customers by locating merchandise.
- Bail cardboard and take out trash; dust and mop store floors; clean restroom and stockroom.
- Comply with company policies and procedures.
- Greet customers.
- Operate cash register and flatbed scanner to itemize and total customer's purchase; bag merchandise.
- Collect payment from customer and make change.
- Assist with ordering merchandise using hand-held scanners, as needed.
- Clean front end of store and help set up sidewalk displays when necessary.
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- Effective interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Understanding of safety policies and practices.
- Ability to read and follow plan-o-gram and merchandise presentation guidance.
- Knowledge of basic cash handling procedures.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Ability to perform IBM cash register functions.
WORK EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Frequent walking and standing
- Frequent bending, stooping, and kneeling to run check out station, stock merchandise and unload trucks; which may also require the ability to push and/or pull rolltainers for stocking merchandise
- Frequent handling of merchandise and equipment such as handheld scanners, pricing guns, box cutters, merchandise containers, two-wheel dollies, U-boats (six-wheel carts), and rolltainers
- Frequent and proper lifting of up to 40 pounds; occasional lifting of up to 55 pounds
Occasional climbing (using step ladder) up to heights of six feet
- Fast-paced environment; moderate noise level
- Occasional exposure to outside weather conditions
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Dollar General Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply on company website