Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day.® by offering products that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar General operates more than 18,000 stores in 47 states, and we're still growing. Learn more about Dollar General at www.dollargeneral.com.
Come be a part of an innovative and growing team! As Senior Manager of Digital Engagement Analytics, you will be an informative and strategic business partner in delivering analytics and insights to drive increased engagement, adoption, and retention across Dollargeneral.com, the Dollar General App, and highly used digital tools and services such as our DG Digital Coupons and Offers Gallery, myDG, and more.
Reporting to the Vice President of Engagement & Adoption, you will be responsible for the development and analysis of weekly, monthly, and quarterly platform and program reporting across key performance metrics, heat mapping, acquisition insights, and engagement conversion funnels. You will help steer the ship towards unlocking significant optimization opportunities and will help to drive our Digital Roadmap in helping to evaluate new/emerging digital engagement opportunities aimed at creating strategic advantages for Dollar General's digital platforms. You will be the department advocate for digital data integrity, partnering closely with I.T./outside contractors and will also partner with the Digital Commerce team to ensure digital engagement & ecommerce data integrity are a top priority.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Digital Analytics
- Develop weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports on key performance metrics of digital tools and programs using Adobe Analytics. Provide actionable insights to increase digital engagement on our platforms.
- Lead the re-implementation of platform analytics, working closely with I.T. and any outside agency partners in order to enable data-driven decision making.
- Develop varying levels of reporting for the Dollar General App, including new and returning customer paths, tool-specific analytics, and insights for driving deeper engagement and adoption.
- Develop traffic source reporting for both Dollargeneral.com and the Dollar General app. Partner closely with Marketing department on how different traffic sources (i.e. SEO, direct, email, social, etc.) drive different levels of platform and tool engagement. Make recommendations for improvement based on engagement metrics. Stay informed on Marketing activities for seasonal and “always on” campaigns.
- Work closely with the Decision Science Team to develop and refine our model to measure the value of the digital-engaged customer.
- Maintain visibility into the ongoing performance of the digital experience programs and tools and keep extended Digital Team abreast of insights and opportunities to improve performance and reduce friction. This includes analytics and interaction tracking of future app features and tools.
- Be one of the key business owners for Firebase and Adobe Analytics and maintain data integrity which supports on-platform personalization, as well as our DG Media Network.
- Support tag management across website and app and be a business lead for defect remediation on data or tag issues.
- Develop and maintain a visualization framework which illustrates digital analytics architecture across various tools and systems.
- Increase the number of new digitally engaged customers, monthly active users, digital sessions, session page views, and session duration inside and outside of Dollar General stores.
- Assist other members of the Digital Engagement team with personalization reporting and analytics where needed, including the effectiveness of our personalization tests, recommendations, and dynamic content/creative.
- Work with vendors, agencies, and internal partners to optimize and inform capabilities for continuous improvement of digital analytics, tag management, etc.
- Business Strategy
- Provide thought leadership on how to leverage digital analytics to drive better decisions across the extended Digital Team. Play a key role in the overall Digital Engagement roadmap which focuses on optimization of and launching of new digital tools and services.
- Develop monthly and quarterly strategic updates for Sr. Leadership as it relates to progress, performance, and project work about digital analytics.
- Identify key industry trends and technology innovations in digital engagement through competitive analysis, industry publications and newsletters, and tradeshows.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Demonstrated experience in digital analytics and analysis within the retail landscape
- Proficient in Web Analytics (either Google Analytics or Adobe Analytics)
- Strong knowledge of digital marketing and offsite paid/owned tactics
- Strong knowledge of the ecommerce space including competitive strategies, marketing strategies, product development, consumer research, usability best practices and industry trends
- Strong knowledge of tag management
- Firebase experience desired
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- High degree of proficiency in MS office suite, especially Excel
- SEO experience a plus
Work Experience &/or Education:
- 6-8 years of experience in digital analytics or digital marketing
- Management experience
- Bachelor's degree required/Master's or MBA Preferred
Apply on company website