Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day.® by offering products that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar General operated 17,266 stores in 46 states as of February 26, 2021. Learn more about Dollar General at www.dollargeneral.com.
Ensures all trailers and yard tractors are in working order and are compliant to federal standards.
DUTIES and ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintains repairs for class 8 trailers and yard tractors.
- Diagnoses problems and repairs all equipment (trailers, yard tractors).
- Performs preventative maintenance.
- Performs DOT inspections and compliancy.
- Meets and maintains safety, quality and productivity standards
- Maintain a clean and organized work area
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- Ability to work unsupervised, make decisions as needed
- Effective communicator and team player
- Heavy diesel truck and trailer mechanic skills
WORK EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
- Three years of experience working on class 8 trailers.
- Experience working with air brake, hydraulic and electrical systems.
- Prior welding and fabrication experience preferred.
- Tire repair experience (repair, mounting, dismounting) preferred.
WORKING CONDITIONS and PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Conducts some repairs in odd positions and/or confined or close spaces
- Work is performed under changing climatic conditions of extreme heat and cold
- Walking long distances; sitting or standing for long periods of time
- Bending, stooping, squatting, or kneeling on a repetitious basis
- Fast-paced environment
- Exposure to noise and heights
- On call twenty-four hours per day, seven days a week to support the Distribution Center Operations
Dollar General Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply on company website