Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day.® by offering products that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar General operates more than 18,000 stores in 47 states, and we're still growing. Learn more about Dollar General at www.dollargeneral.com.
Identify cost-effective system solutions to operational challenges. Work with corporate Information Systems Department, when applicable, to understand and react to user needs.
- Configure, monitor and evaluate the overall performance of the Warehouse Management System (WMS), Radio Frequency (RF) sub-system and Pick-to-Light (PTL) subsystem.
- Assist Inbound Managers and Outbound Managers in determination of system modifications for improvement in merchandise flow and user productivity.
- Responsible for systems backup tape rotation and for ensuring off-site backups are stored and logged in accordance with disaster recovery policies.
- Identify, justify and communicate to corporate Information Systems Department requests for new hardware or software changes.
- Respond to immediate system issues, including telecommunications and networking issues; coordinate resources needed to resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Responsible for data collection, root-cause analysis and presentation of findings to assist operations team in correcting causes of inventory integrity inaccuracies.
- Provide decision support to operations group in the form of spreadsheets, databases and/or reports as needed.
- Ensure that all production reports are completed and distributed (daily/weekly) to appropriate staff.
- Ensure systems compliance as a result of Sarbanes Oxley requirements.
- Develop plans, train employees and coordinate activities to support building-wide physical and statistical inventories.
- Manage equipment receipt process to ensure proper tracking and accountability of new systems-related devices.
- Install, maintain and assist with upgrades and replacements to PCs in coordination with corporate Information Systems Department.
- Assist Information Systems Department with remote trouble-shooting of all computer and computer-related systems.
- Analyze and adjust WMS strategies in partnership with operations team to ensure efficient flow of merchandise.
- Review the performance of WMS staff and identify development plans that meet career goals.
- Manage department expense budgets.
- Submit budget requests related to yearly department expenditures.
- Assist Distribution Center Manager in development of yearly capital budgets as needed.
- May function as Inbound or Outbound Manager as needed.
- Thorough understanding of all systems used within the distribution center.
- Thorough understanding of warehouse operations, product flow and inventory control in a distribution environment.
- Understanding of floor operations and ability to function as Inbound or Outbound Manager in their absence may be necessary.
- Working knowledge of automated distribution information technology.
- Ability to train and assist WMS Managers in the setup and capabilities of the Warehouse Management System and associated systems and peripherals.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues with PCs and PC-related peripherals.
- Demonstrated leadership and strategic planning skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to gather, interpret and summarize complex data.
- Strong attention to detail.
WORK EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
- Four years experience configuring and maintaining rules-based Warehouse Management System required.
- Four years experience in a distribution or warehousing environment required.
- Four years managerial experience required.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems or Logistics preferred.
- Lifts and lowers WMS and PC equipment up to 75 pounds.
- Ability to walk, stand, sit, bend, stoop, or crawl for periods of time.
- Exposure to changing climatic conditions.
- On-call twenty-four hours per day to support distribution center operations.
Apply on company website