Summary: The purpose of the Service Desk/ Technical Support is to support Information Technology (IT) infrastructure for 1200 end users by processing Help Desk tickets, coordinating appropriate IT services and customer service assistance. The employee participates in IT desktop support initiatives and service delivery to provide a backbone for DPI to operate efficiently and improve business processes to generate profitable sales.
The Service Desk/Technical Support Representatives must project a positive image to DPI customers (internal and external) and ensure delivery of IT services that adhere to DPI policies and procedures. Must be able to work independently and collaboratively with team members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze electronic requests for service for desktops, laptops, printers, peripherals and telecommunication devices.
- Analyze and resolve end user hardware, software and connectivity issues in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Monitor key business processes for successful completion or error condition. Escalate to appropriate support functions as required.
- Demonstrate ability to manage multiple issues and service tickets, up to five active tickets at any one time, and achieve timely resolution of service request.
- Manage user accounts within active directory and ERP system.
- Collaborate and communicate closely with end user, business unit(s), and other DPI IT representatives to forge a close customer relationship and deliver prompt, and effective service.
- Participate in regularly scheduled meetings in support of DPI IT systems.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain a clean work environment, may include picking up trash or cleaning spills.
- Other duties may be assigned to fulfill DPI's objectives and/or job duties and requirements may be changed as needed to meet current and future business needs.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
An Associate's degree in Computer Systems, Computer Technology, or a related field, is required. A minimum of three to five years of experience in a technology and/or business related field is required. Requirements include strong verbal and written communication skills in English, excellent customer service skills, and thorough knowledge in the following areas:
- Creating and routing IT support tickets among Level 2 support analysts based on priority.
- Managing Help Desk calls, using a help desk ticket system, and providing excellent support among various levels of staff and management.
- Performing IT user account audits, and analyzing recommended process improvements based on the results.
- Supporting applications utilizing EDI transactions, and managing support for ensuring correct transition workflow.
- Expertise with Microsoft Windows XP/7 and Windows Server 2003/2008.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Exchange 2013, SQL server 2008, and MS Office 2010/2013 clients.
- Providing remote hardware troubleshooting, configuration and network administration support.
- AS/400 systems support limited to user account password resets, managing tape backups, responding to messages, and escalating issues to the AS/400 admins.
- Managing Active Directory including account management, security group management, and managing NTFS permissions on various file servers.
- Monitoring network alerts and notifying the on call network admin when issues arise.
- Good project management and organizational skills.
- Strong Analytical and problem solving skills.
Experience in the following areas is preferred:
- Supporting ERP systems, e.g. Oracle E-Business Suite and Siebel CRM
- Knowledge of VOIP technology and/or ShoreTel VOIP
- Working in a warehousing / distribution environment as well as with a remote sales force
Work Environment: The work environment is indoors. The floor surfaces are carpeted in office areas and conference rooms with vinyl floor covering typical in hallways, break rooms and computer rooms.
Work Hours: The work schedule is either 5 days a week, 8 hours a day, or 4 days a week, 10 hours a day. Start times vary. Work hours and shifts are subject to change depending on operating business conditions and needs. The employee may be required to work overtime, holidays or weekends.
Must be available at all times and shifts to respond to emergencies as a first responder.
Physical and Mental Demands: Sedentary. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Knows and follows proper safety protocols, DPI dress code, grooming and personal hygiene policies. Understands, retains and applies computer science knowledge to participate in IT development initiatives and service delivery. Knowledge of assigned customer and business requirements, DPI and customer policies and procedures, and business needs to optimize DPI performance. Perform advanced mathematic functions and writing skills to create basic and complex design solutions. Ability to manage time, multiple work tickets and concurrent projects and customer accounts.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
We participate in E-Verify, a program run by the US government that confirms your work authorization, based on the information that you provide on your Form I-9. For more information, click the links below.
Right to Work
Apply on company website