This Dunkin' Donuts restaurant is independently owned and operated under a franchise granted by DD Franchising LLC.
You are applying for work with a franchisee of Dunkin' Donuts, not Dunkin' Brands, Inc., Dunkin' Donuts or any of their affiliates. Any information you submit will be provided solely to the franchisee. If hired, the franchisee will be your only employer. Franchisees are independent business owners who are solely responsible for their own employees and set their own wage and benefit programs that can vary among franchisees.
The Dunkin' Donuts trademarks, logos and designs are trademarks of DD IP Holder, LLC. Used under license.
Shift Leader Job Profile
Shift Leaders are responsible for coaching Crew Members throughout their shift to execute operational Brand and ABDD standards and deliver a great and friendly guest experience. They set goals, provide job assignments, and motivate others, celebrate successes and providing timely feedback.
Responsibilities Include but are not limited to:
- Arrive in a timely manner to be ready in position at the start of scheduled shift.
- Talk employees into, through, and out of position on each shift, communicating responsibilities, providing feedback, and recognizing achievements in a respectful manner.
- Deploy team members appropriately to meet guests' needs and service standards throughout shift.
- Communicate shift priorities, goals and results with team members.
- Support training of Crew Members as directed by Restaurant Manager or Assistant Manager.
- Provide coaching and feedback to team members
- Communicate goals and hold team members accountable for performance.
- Hold guests as highest priority and role model exceptional guest service.
- Drive sense of urgency through Crew Members to satisfy guests' needs and resolve problems.
- Reinforce the use of systems, tools and procedures throughout shift, while taking appropriate steps to correct deficiencies.
- Maintain a safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following and enforcing safety, food safety and sanitation guidelines; comply with local and state laws.
- Monitor team performance to ensure quality, service, and cleanliness standards are met throughout shift.
- Complete all requires training
- Ensure restaurant standards and marketing initiatives are properly executed during shift.
- Follow all systems and processes to control labor costs, food costs, and cash throughout shift.
- Monitor and ensure Crew Members comply with all policies and procedures related to cleanliness, food safety, and restaurant safety and security during shift.
- Report equipment issues, provide Crew Member performance feedback, and discuss other restaurant opportunities with Restaurant Manager.
- Comply with all restaurant, Brand, and ABDD polices.
- Must have basic computer skills
- Restaurant, retail, or supervisory experience preferred
- Math and writing skills
- Capable of counting money and making change
- Able to operate restaurant equipment
- Comply with restaurant operations
- Adhere to uniform standards including; hat, name tag, clean pressed apron and navy blue collared shirt. Dark blue jeans without any rips or holes and nonslip shoes are required.
- Anticipate and understand guest's needs and exceed their expectations.
- Genuinely smile and give eye contact to make guests feel welcome.
- Develop and maintain guest and community relationships.
- Display and maintain a sense of urgency with guest.
- Seek ways to improve guest satisfaction; ask questions, commit to follow through.
- Resolve guest concerns by following (L.A.S.T.) Brand recommended guest recovery process.
- Freshest- tasting, highest quality food and beverages:
- Product/ingredient temperatures
- Prep procedures
- Shelf life and holding times
- Food safety and handling procedures
- Appearance of food (eye appeal)
- Proper recipes and portions
- Fast, friendly service
- Maximize efficiency through team service
- Shift planning and crew deployment
- Coaching INTO position
- Manager-Guest interaction
- Talking to guests, getting feedback
- Eye contact
- Crew-Guest communication
- Eye contact
- Courtesy (‘Please” and “Thank you”)
- Special request (handled “with pleasure”)
- Service with Speed standards
- Sparkling clean, comfortable environment
- Utilization of cleaning and maintenance systems
- Sanitation procedures
- Completion of Pre-Shift Checklists before every shift
- Ongoing Travel Paths
- Coaching THROUGH Position and delegating additional tasks
- Ongoing cleaning
Passion for Results
- Set and maintain high standards for self and others, act as a role model.
- Complete all required training and support the training of other team members.
- Consistently meets and exceeds goals.
- Contribute to the overall team performance; understand how his/her role relate to others.
Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Identify and resolve issues and problems.
- Communicate and inform management of any issues.
- Use information at hand to make decisions and solve problems; include others when necessary.
Interpersonal Relationships & Influence
- Develop and maintain a relationships with team.
- Operate with integrity; demonstrate honesty, treat others with respect, keep commitments.
Apply on company website